AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Crystal Palace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Championship side Crystal Palace have gone into administration, according to administrators P&A Partnership.

The Eagles twice failed to pay players this season and chairman Simon Jordan had been searching for new investors.

Clubs entering administration are automatically docked 10 points, which would see Palace drop from ninth place to two spots above the drop zone.

But the Football League are yet to receive formal confirmation from either the club or the administrators.

The Football League would need to see official documentation before applying the penalty.

"Our role is to find a buyer quickly to provide certainty for the future," said administrator Brendon Guilfoyle.

"This club has been in the spotlight with creditors pressing for payments and players anxious about wages.

"We are hoping our appointment will be short-lived as we understand there are many interested buyers."

Earlier this month manager Neil Warnock admitted he would probably have to sell players, and star forward Victor Moses is said to be close to leaving.

Jordan, who saved Palace from administration in 2000, last year announced his intention to sell the club.

The club has twice since been subject to a transfer embargo, with the Palace players first informed that Jordan had "cashflow" problems at the end of November.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Palace in Administration
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:06 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

Coca-Cola Championship club Crystal Palace have gone into administration.

The Eagles' chairman Simon Jordan has been attempting to attract new investment into the club, who have been late in paying their players twice this season.

But Brendon Guilfoyle, Chris White and John Russell of the P & A Partnership have this afternoon been appointed administrators.

Guilfoyle said: "This club has been in the spotlight for some months with creditors pressing for payments and players anxious about their wages.

"Our role now is to find a buyer quickly to provide certainty for the employees, players and fans for the future.

"We are hoping our appointment will be short-lived as we understand there are many interested buyers."

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:18 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Not another one. :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

The administrators in charge of Crystal Palace have taken out an advert in Tuesday's Financial Times in a bid to sell the Coca-Cola Championship club.

The P&A Partnership are offering buyers the chance to own "a long-established south London club" who are "currently enjoying success in the FA Cup".

Owner Simon Jordan has been trying to sell since July 2008, but the Eagles slid into administration a fortnight ago with debts upwards of £30million and have been deducted 10 points by the Football League.

On the pitch they have won their last three matches to ease clear of the relegation zone and secure a lucrative FA Cup fifth-round tie at home to Aston Villa on Sunday.

P&A appointed the Wasserman Media Group, who were responsible for the infamous Michael Owen brochure last summer, to seek buyers for players last month.

Teenage forward Victor Moses' £2.5million move to Wigan provided a short-term lifeline and the next step is to find a buyer for the club itself.

The advert reads: "The sale of the football club and its associated assets presents an opportunity to acquire a long-established south London club (founded in 1905) currently playing in the Championship division of the Football League and currently enjoying success in the FA Cup (next match against Aston Villa in the fifth round)."

Neil Warnock's side are currently 16th in the table, four points clear of the bottom three and nine adrift of the play-offs, and host Swansea at Selhurst Park tonight.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson has revealed that he was "happy to look" at Crystal Palace after administrators took out an advert in the Financial Times in a bid to sell the club.

The Coca-Cola Championship side were forced into administration a fortnight ago with debts upwards of £30million but have 20 parties interested in buying the club.

The recent advert offered buyers the chance to own "a long-established south London club" who are "currently enjoying success in the FA Cup".

But while Branson has personally expressed an interest in the club, he insisted a bid from Virgin was "unlikely".

Branson, who has previously been linked with the club, said: "We are always happy to have a look but I think the chances are less likely than likely. If they are for sale, then we are always happy to have a look."

If he did decide to make an offer Branson may not have to put in a huge bid as Palace's administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has already admitted "I have to take the best offer to creditors. I'm open to offers, I don't have a figure in mind."

Guilfoyle revealed yesterday he would meet a Member of Parliament this evening regarding Palace's tenancy at their home ground Selhurst Park.

The Eagles are currently paying £1.2million a year in rent to a subsidiary of Rock Investment Holdings Limited, but, after they also went into administration, Guilfoyle is hoping to secure a more attractive deal.

"I expect purchasers to seek clarification of the situation with the ground," he told BBC Radio Five Live.

"I'm in touch with the administrators of the parent company of the ground. They're taking instructions from the bank that appointed them.

"I'm also having a chat with the local MP to describe to him the situation and see if he can bring any pressure to bear so I can bring the two assets together."

On the pitch Palace have recently put together a winning run to help overcome the 10-point deduction they were handed by the Football League for entering administration.

They also secured a lucrative FA Cup fifth-round tie at home to Aston Villa on Sunday while the sale of teenage forward Victor Moses for £2.5million to Wigan provided a short-term financial lifeline.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

STEVE COPPELL could make his return to management with debt-riddled Crystal Palace - if Ron Noades has his way.

The former Eagles chairman has expressed an interest in rescuing the South London outfit with Coppell, his manager at previous club Brentford, being given the arduous job of keeping them in the Championship.

Should Noades take over, current boss Neil Warnock will be free to join a more financially stable club, rumoured to be London rivals Queens Park Rangers.

In a measure designed to keep the administrators happy, Coppell would sign a short-term deal, earning less than his predecessor. He and Noades have been prominent in the club's recent history - with Coppell having had four spells as manager while Noades was chairman from 1980 to 1998.

Fans hold reservations about the return of Noades, whose often-ruthless business acumen has evoked anger, but his success during his time at the club is written for all to see.

Businessman Noades has kept up a more then passing interest in the club he made his name with by retaining ownership of the ground until recently, causing much disruption to Simon Jordan's time in charge.

Selling the club back to Noades would appear to be a bitter pill for outspoken Jordan to swallow however he has long publicised his disillusionment with football and the people that run the game and, with the dire straits Jordan and the club he represented as a schoolboy find themselves in, he may find himself with little choice.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Neil Warnock is staying in charge at Crystal Palace for the time being despite being linked with a move across London to QPR.

Warnock's position at Selhurst Park is uncertain after Palace went into administration, with the 61-year-old unhappy at the 10-point penalty which halted their promotion bid.

Rangers, meanwhile, are in freefall having lost their last five games under Mick Harford and are reportedly interested in luring Warnock to Loftus Road.

But following a meeting with administrator Brendan Guilfoyle, Warnock expects to be in charge for Saturday's visit of Coventry and next week's FA Cup replay against Aston Villa at the very least.

"I hope to still be in charge against Villa. I know there will still be talk of my future but I just want to get us some points in the league," he told the Evening Standard.

"I had a long chat with the administrator and we agreed to keep everything we talked about confidential. It was a decent meeting and nothing's changed regarding my position. I've told him that I will try my hardest to get us back to winning ways on Saturday."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

'Steve Coppell is take over at Palace. The former Reading manager is said to want an administration exit strategy before signing up, initially until the end of the season' - The Daily Mail.

'Steve Coppell has snubbed an emotional return to Crystal Palace' - The Daily Mirror.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Crystal Palace have wasted little time in appointing a new manager to replace Neil Warnock.

The club have called a press conference for 4.30pm today to unveil Warnock's successor after he left to join QPR on Monday night.

Former Portsmouth and QPR boss Paul Hart is believed to be a front-runner for the post, while ex-Eagles managers Steve Coppell and Iain Dowie and former Middlesbrough chief Gareth Southgate have also been linked.

ImageImage
Quote:

Post subject: Re: Raid The Palace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Administration-plagued Crystal Palace have appointed former QPR boss Paul Hart as their manager.

The 56-year-old replaces Neil Warnock, who clinched his move to Hart's former club on Tuesday.

Palace legend Dougie Freedman has been named as Hart's new assistant manager, with John Pemberton first-team coach.

Former Chesterfield, Nottingham Forest and Barnsley boss Hart left Portsmouth in November and joined QPR the next month only to leave after five games.

Palace are only outside the relegation zone on goal difference and Hart said: "I think it's quite obvious I like a challenge, and to me, this is a big challenge.

"There is only one objective, and that is to stay in this division.

"I feel that maybe, with a few tweaks, we can get there."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Crystal Palace's administrator Brendan Guilfoyle hopes to have found a buyer for the club by the end of the month.

Guilfoyle appointed Paul Hart as manager on Tuesday after Neil Warnock's move to QPR and can now concentrate on securing the future of the club which went into administration in January with debts of £30million.

"This has been an unwelcome distraction, it's not something I wanted but it's dealt with now and we can get back to finding a buyer," he said.

"I'm engaged with someone who is very close, they're asking for information.

"It is a single party represented by a city-based firm of accountants so we are asking for proof of funds - they need £10million in a UK solicitor's bank account.

"We are aiming by the middle of this month to have someone with preferred buyer status to sit around the table with me to discuss the purchase of the club.

"This one is a single party, but there are other parties around."

Guilfoyle allowed Warnock to leave after agreeing a compensation package with QPR.

But with Palace above the drop zone on goal difference alone, he ruled out the possibility of star players such as Darren Ambrose and Neil Danns following the Yorkshireman to Loftus Road.

"The players are all staying unless the management team tell me otherwise," he added. "We are in for a battle now and we need all our resources.

"Agents have made me aware that clubs are interested in taking players on loan but that's not going to play out well. Rightly or wrongly I perceive the brand to be worth more as a Championship club.

"There were suggestions with QPR that we could do this or that to help me get more money but I said no. I sought compensation, full stop."

Guilfoyle also claimed Warnock wanted to leave Palace for QPR because "he did not have the stomach for the fight".

Guilfoyle told Sky Sports News: "Neil told me he did not have the stomach for the fight here, so if he was not committed I needed to let him go.

"This (managerial change) has been an unwelcome distraction really, so we have got to get back on the main focus which is getting a credible sale underway."

Guilfoyle is still on the lookout for new investment at the club and is hopeful of securing new finances in the coming weeks.

"I have got some purchasers who are seeking information and I am hoping to take them forward now," he added. "We have extended the timescale by 14 days, so we are looking to get someone to preferred-buyer status by the middle of this month."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

The administrator of Crystal Palace has said he would "welcome an approach" by rap star P-Diddy.

The music mogul's publicist confirmed to BBC London that he is thinking of moving into the football business.

Brendan Guilfoyle, administrator of the bankrupt Championship side, said he "would willingly fly to New York to meet him to discuss a purchase".

P-Diddy, reportedly worth £360m, held talks over investing in the club during a visit to the UK earlier this month.

Mr Guilfoyle, of The P&A Partnership financial firm, said he was "a big hip-hop fan" and would be "delighted if P-Diddy wanted to buy Crystal Palace".

In January Palace had 10 points deducted after going into administration.

They are currently fourth from bottom in the Championship having previously been pushing for a play-off place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:49 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Puffy becoming the owner of a footy club? Sean it all now. :taxi:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

All those rappers and hip-hops stars tend to make good business men, so if there's money to be made I'm sure P daddy pop diddy pip will go for it.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Crystal Palace are edging ever closer to being taken over by the fans' consortium CPFC 2010.

Administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has revealed they are close to rubber-stamping the sale of the club's ground, Selhurst Park, and have also reached an agreement with Agilo, the hedge fund which put the Eagles into administration back in January.

CPFC 2010, headed by Eagles fans Steve Parish and Martin Long, now need a Company Voluntary Agreement to be accepted by the majority of the club's creditors. "It's a very complex deal to pull together but all of the different parts of the deal are being put in place," said Guilfoyle.

"It's like a Rubik's Cube with all the different aspects coming together."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

CPFC 2010 spokesman David Jensen insists the consortium remains committed to buying Crystal Palace, and is optimistic a deal will be struck.

The group, led by Eagles fans Steve Parish and Martin Long, have gone back on their pledge to fund the club during administration, withdrawing its funding for the summer after Simon Jordan gave indications he would vote down a Creditors Voluntary Agreement of 1p in the pound.

Additionally CPFC 2010 are yet to agree a deal to buy Selhurst Park but Jensen remains confident a takeover is not far away.

"The word is we are very close," he told the Croydon Guardian. "There's still one or two things that may yet prove to be taxing but the optimism is still there and the will to do it is still there.

"We are not popping the champagne yet, it's still in the shop and at room temperature. It is frustrating but now it is just a waiting game.

"I think the talks they have had about the stadium have been going in the right direction from the consortium's point of view and everyone is optimistic. Until the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed we live in hope."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Crystal Palace face liquidation unless the consortium attempting to buy the stricken club can complete the deal by Tuesday afternoon.

CPFC 2010, the group headed by local businessmen Steve Parish and Martin Long, claim they have until 3pm to secure their takeover or Agilo, the hedge fund which put Palace into administration in January, will begin selling off players and dissolving the club.

The consortium, whose bid to save the club has stalled over the sale of their Selhurst Park ground, have even called on Prime Minister David Cameron to intervene with the south London club on the brink of going out of business.

Selhurst Park is currently under the control of separate administrators PricewaterhouseCoopers, who are selling the ground on behalf of Bank of Scotland.

The sticking point appears to be a clause in the deal which would see the bank receive further money if the ground was sold on in the future.

A statement from CPFC 2010 read: "We have now reached agreement with Agilo regarding their debt against the club and did have what we thought was an agreement with Bank of Scotland, who are the major creditor of Selhurst Park Ltd.

"Subsequent to this agreement we have been sent a contract that does not reflect this agreement and is unworkable.

"As we sit today the future of Crystal Palace hangs in the balance and is very much in the hands of a person in a bank in Scotland whom we have never met and, it seems, we are not allowed to speak to.

"We note the new government's commitment to sport, particularly sport in the community. Bank of Scotland is currently government owned.

"As such we would urge the new Prime Minister to intervene personally to resolve the situation or see a club supported by many thousands, and with a 100-year history, consigned to the scrapheap."

Palace avoided relegation to League One on the final day of the season when a 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday sent the Yorkshire team down instead.

But Brendan Guilfoyle, the administrator running the club, on Friday made 29 members of staff redundant and does not have the money to pay the wages for May.

Palace fans were planning to hold a demonstration at Selhurst Park on Monday in an attempt to highlight the club's plight.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Its very sad this kind of thing keeps happening. I hope they can sort it out by 3pm

Out of interest what would happen to the championship if Palace did disappear, would Wednesday get a reprieve, if so how would that affect League 1 and 2 and the conference and so on

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Jarv wrote:
Its very sad this kind of thing keeps happening. I hope they can sort it out by 3pm

Out of interest what would happen to the championship if Palace did disappear, would Wednesday get a reprieve, if so how would that affect League 1 and 2 and the conference and so on

I guess if Palace went bust then Sheff Wed stay up as do the team who finished highest of the relegated teams in league 1 & 2 and the conference. Not sure how it works from then on with North & South regions in most leagues might mean they just leave it as is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

not looking good :( :no:

1451: A lot of you are worried about Crystal Palace and their very serious threat of liquidation and it's impossible not to share your concerns. Here's the latest quote from Brendan Guilfoyle, the administrator put in charge of the Eagles in January: "I've already made the calls [to other clubs]. What I'll actually do after the [1500 BST] deadline is start selling players. The enquiries are out, offers have been received. There are a number of players who have value but once they're sold and if no-one else comes in then I'll have to resign, walk away and then the liquidation process will re-start."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next