AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pardew's Palace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:49 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace are poised to sign Connor Wickham after agreeing a fee of around £8m for the Sunderland striker.

Wickham, 22, who joined Sunderland from Ipswich in June 2011 for a similar fee, has been a long-standing transfer target for Palace having attempted to sign him last January when Tony Pulis was in charge.

Despite Wickham signing a four-year contract in December, Palace appear to have got their man having upped their offer.

Wickham will be their fourth arrival of the summer after Yohan Cabaye from Paris Saint-Germain, Alex McCarthy from Queens Park Rangers and Patrick Bamford on a season-long loan from Chelsea.

Still only 22 :huh:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace have signed the Mali international winger Bakary Sako on a three-year deal.

The 27-year-old free agent had been in talks with West Bromwich Albion, having left Wolverhampton Wanderers at the end of last season, but instead opted to become part of Alan Pardew’s reshaped squad.

Sako, who was also linked with Leicester City, scored 38 goals in 124 games for Wolves after moving from St Etienne in 2012. He told Palace’s website: “I talked to some clubs but when I met Alan I felt a good feeling between him and me and that’s why I chose Palace.

“He plays attacking, attractive football so it should be good to play here and score some goals, that’s why I came to join him. I’ve been doing my own pre-season training because Wolves gave me a programme before I left, and my cousin has a small academy so we trained together to keep my fitness levels up.

“I think I’m fit now but it’s in the manager’s hands to pick me so we’ll see how my fitness is. I want to play lots of games, score some goals and get some assists and enjoy myself. I’m confident about stepping up to the Premier League so we’ll see how it goes.”

Sako has 14 caps for Mali, also known as the Eagles, and represented them in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Alan Pardew insists his focus remains entirely on his role at Crystal Palace but he has admitted that as an Englishman the possibility of one day taking up the reins of the national side would be enticing.

Palace confront one of Pardew’s former clubs, West Ham United, at Selhurst Park on Saturday with the sides currently a lofty fourth and sixth in the Premier League and separated by only a point.

The 54-year-old has instigated marked progress on the pitch at the south London club since arriving from Newcastle United in the new year, with recognition of his efforts effectively thrusting him forward as a candidate for England should Roy Hodgson’s contract not be renewed at the end of Euro 2016.

Pardew has grown weary of being asked about the possibility of taking over the national side over recent weeks and was initially reluctant to address the subject again on Thursday when questioned at his pre-match press conference at Palace’s Beckenham training ground. “I haven’t brought it up once, I don’t want to talk about it today, it’s not on my agenda and I’m quite happy at Crystal Palace,” he said. “But it’s the England job. If you’re English and don’t want it then there must be something wrong with you.”

The manager, who will be without only Connor Wickham, Joel Ward and Marouane Chamakh against West Ham, is contracted until 2018 at Palace, whose cochairman Steve Parish has indicated there is no immediate concern behind the scenes that the club might lose Pardew to the national setup next summer.

Pardew had addressed the issue in an interview with BT Sport earlier this month, saying: “If it turned up on my doorstep I’d say to the FA: ‘Let me have one tournament – win, lose or bust – then my money ends when that ends.’ I’d be quite happy with that. That’s how it should be because you’re not building anything.

“It’s an instant result you are looking for and instant training because you only have a couple of days to work and play a big, big international. I think it’s a job that isn’t inconceivable for me. I also think it is a job where you can win something. I really hope Roy wins it this summer. The England job is unique and brings a certain pressure. I’ve experienced some of that pressure at the clubs I’ve been at.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace’s co-owner Steve Parish is hoping to have the deal to sell a sizeable shareholding to American investors in place before Christmas and has moved to reassure fans that he remains committed to the club.

Palace have reached an agreement in principle with Josh Harris, the co-founder of Apollo Global Management and his business partner David Blitzer. Under the offer Parish, who owns a 25% stake in Palace along with the three other members of the CPFC 2010 consortium – Stephen Browett, Jeremy Hosking and Martin Long – having bought the club out of administration five years ago, would continue to run the day-to-day operations at Selhurst Park.

Writing in his programme notes ahead of Monday night’s Premier League fixture against Sunderland, Parish admitted that talks are at “an advanced stage” and assured supporters that redeveloping Selhurst Park will be their main priority.

“There has once again been plenty of speculation regarding potential investment in the club. I can confirm that talks are in an advanced stage which would still see me as the joint largest shareholder alongside David Blitzer and Josh Harris, meaning the day-today running of the club will remain the same,” he wrote.

“It’s important to me and the three other current owners, who will all stay involved in any future structure, that the club remains in the hands of people who love it as much as we do, and we’ll continue to do everything we can to drive it forward and establish ourselves as a force in the Premier League for a long time.

“Redeveloping the stadium is key to that, and this is what the extra finance will help bring about sooner than we can at the present. I feel as though the current owners and new investors can work together well and hopefully a mix of UK and USA personnel can help avoid the mistakes fans from other clubs have experienced when boardroom level changes are made.

Parish added: “I know some people may have reservations about this but I firmly believe this is what is needed to move us to the next level, and as always we only have the club’s best intentions at heart.

“If it all goes ahead then it’ll be great for Crystal Palace Football Club, but we all know that these deals are complicated things so if it doesn’t go through then we’ll still be in a good position. I’ve said that we hope to get things done before Christmas if possible but we’ll see – I’ll keep you informed.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Alan Pardew does not expect the investment of £100m by the American billionaires Joshua Harris and David Blitzer to have a sizeable impact on the makeup of the Crystal Palace squad because the majority of the money will be spent on club infrastructure, in particular renovating Selhurst Park.

Harris and Blitzer are set to buy 18% of the club each, though the chairman, Steve Parish, will remain in control of decision-making despite reducing his stake from 25% to 18%. It is understood some paperwork is yet to be finalised but confirmation of the deal is expected soon.

Harris and Blitzer, who own and control the private equity firm Apollo Global Management, are worth around $2.4bn according to Forbes. They own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and ice hockey team New Jersey Devils.

The remainder of Palace will be owned by a combination of other US-based investors, while the existing owners from the CPFC2010 consortium – Stephen Browett, Jeremy Hosking and Martin Long – will retain involvement. An exact breakdown of the stakes held by them is unclear.

What is certain, though, is Parish’s intention is for the money to be spent on improving Selhurst Park and investing in the club’s academy. Pardew, who has met Harris and Blitzer, does not predict a large amount of the money to trickle down to his transfer budget and suggested one or two fringe players may instead be trimmed when the transfer market re-opens next month.

“I have to understand that the stadium is an important part of this investment, I get that but I don’t think it’s going to impact too much on the transfer kitty I’m going to get. We’ll be still on the same lines we pretty much were on,” the manager said.

Discussions between Parish and the new investors had been continuing for more than a year and Pardew said he was impressed by their vision. “I’ve been involved to some degree with Josh and David. We’ve met and I’ve seen their passion for this club. It has grown over the last 18 months and goes alongside the passion the chairman and myself have for this club. We hope, together, that we can embark on a new era.”

That new era has been on the horizon since before Pardew’s arrival from Newcastle in January. Parish maintaining control of the decision process was the crucial point in negotiations and Pardew suggested he would not remain as manager if that stipulation was not enforced.

“The investment was on the agenda but it wasn’t by any means a deal that was ratified in any way. There were very strong feelings that the guys would come on board and I needed to be part of that, to understand what Steve Parish’s vision was for the club. If it wasn’t that vision that he sold me, I probably wouldn’t be here. Steve Parish deserves a lot of credit, to get us into this position where we have this kind of backing.”

“The important point really in Steve’s position during negotiations was that the slight nuances in the game are understood by Steve and I can get a message to him – sometimes it’s not easy to translate to people who don’t understand the Premier League.

“If he can filter through all the information to them to make sense of it all and make sensible decisions at a low-risk factor. That’s something we have done well at this club. We’ve signed players that are at the right money and right time. That’s why we have such a good squad. It’s very strong.”

It is unlikely to grow stronger in the near future. “I don’t see me doing too much business in January. We probably have a little surplus that needs trimming, one or two who might go on loan or move out. Certainly we don’t want to lose our key players because they – Yannick Bolasie, Scott Dann – are driving the club forward.

“The environment is very strong here, but the most important factor is we are under no pressure financially. So when a club does come to talk to us about one of our star performers, the will have to drive a very hard bargain and really twist our wrist. It’s something we might not decide to do at the end of the day. We are in a very fortunate position.”

The stadium expansion is likely to be more in line with Liverpool’s rebuilding of the main stand than a complete rebuild akin to Tottenham Hotspur and White Hart Lane. It is understood Parish’s desire is for the ground to remain functional during building work but Pardew is not expecting dramatic nor immediate changes to how the club is run.

“It’ll be for the next six months for Josh and David to get their feet under the table and understand how the club works and what they are going to bring to the party,” Pardew said. “They will bring experience from other sports and managing clubs bigger than ourselves, so for that reason it will be shared knowledge that we will take into the summer. Of course the backing will mean improvements to our ground– that’s something very important to take the club forward.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:23 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has confirmed he is considering a move for Emmanuel Adebayor.

The former Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur striker remains a free agent having been released by Spurs in September, and could prove a suitable option with Pardew seeking a goalscorer.

For all the creativity provided by Wilfried Zaha, Yannick Bolasie and Yohan Cabaye, Palace’s total of 22 Premier League goals is the lowest of any team in the division’s top 12 and could undermine what has so far been a promising season.

A potential move for Adebayor is far from close, but he has previously interested Pardew, who is expected to recall Connor Wickham at Manchester City on Saturday.

Pardew said: “Adebayor is a player that is there for somebody and it is a question of ourselves looking at that one and wondering where the right club for him is and whether he is the right player for us.

“It’s something that is in our mix and we’ll have to wait and see. We are trying to bring a striker in – whether permanently or on loan – and myself and Steve [Parish, Palace’s chairman] are making a lot of phone calls to try and resolve that.

“You want to try and bring in a quality player and so therefore you can’t dismiss anyone, or not think about all the strikers that are possibly available.

“Of course 90% of them are not available, they’re at clubs and they’re on good contracts and the clubs want them because they are successful. There are not many who have not been in the first team. It is a very, very small market for us and we are focusing on that.

“[Adebayor] is in that group. Not just for us but many teams in the Premier League to wonder whether that is something you can do a deal with.

“We still think another striker in the group would pay dividends given the position we’re in as we’re four [actually five] points off the Champions League positions.

“Although we are in a little negative period in terms of our [recent] results, our results overall are still strong. In four of those games, we’ve got draws even though we haven’t scored. Two or three wins, and we would be really kicking ourselves if we didn’t strengthen.”

Pardew remains without the injured Bolasie for Saturday’s Premier League fixture but could again have Dwight Gayle available after the forward’s return to training. He is a reported target for Norwich City but the manager said: “He’s been linked many, many times – but we haven’t had an official bid for Dwight.

“We’ve had a lot of calls and messages from agents. At the moment he is retained as our player and we’re not scoring a lot of goals so I’m looking forward to him coming back.”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace have suffered another serious injury blow after James McArthur was ruled out for the remainder of the campaign having sustained ankle ligament damage in Tuesday’s defeat by Bournemouth.

The midfielder suffered the injury early in the first half at Selhurst Park, as he conceded a foul on the visitors’ Dan Gosling, and was replaced at half-time as Palace succumbed to a fifth successive Premier League loss.

The Scot, signed from Wigan last season and integral to the team’s progress this term, wrote on Twitter: “Looks like season is over for me with ankle ligaments torn. Just another challenge in my career to make sure I work hard and come back stronger.”

That news compounded the fact that Jason Puncheon pulled his hamstring late in that game and, despite limping on to finish the match, will now be absent for at least a month.

Palace had already been playing without Yannick Bolasie, who suffered a hip injury just before Christmas in the last league game the team won, and Bakary Sako, who is recovering from a hamstring problem. Alan Pardew hopes they may be available for the FA Cup fifth-round tie against Tottenham Hotspur later this month, though he will also be without the injured Joe Ledley and suspended Connor Wickham for Saturday’s trip to Swansea City.

There is hope Yohan Cabaye will be able to feature at the Liberty Stadium having missed the midweek defeat with an ankle injury sustained in a challenge from Stoke’s Stephen Ireland last weekend.

“I have some disappointing news,” said Pardew on Thursday. “McArthur is out for a long time, we think, after doing his ankle ligaments, and Puncheon is going to miss a long period as well with a hamstring problem, so that is just more injuries on the list.

“There is some better news on the offensive players. [Dwight] Gayle has trained so he is back and available after his hamstring injury, and Sullay Kaikai has also trained. He’s a young player I would probably have used in this period without Bolasie but, unfortunately, he was injured too. Yohan, we think, has a very good chance of playing.”

Emmanuel Adebayor played 32 minutes against Bournemouth but will start again on the bench at Swansea as he continues to build up his own match fitness.

“He’ll have another cameo role on Saturday in some respect, to help him get up to speed,” said Pardew. “We’re really pleased to have him and his contribution to the training ground has been excellent. I don’t think he’s too long away from starting. He’s almost ready but we’ll have to see how he goes over the next 10 days.”

Pardew included the young midfielder Hiram Boateng – who spent time on loan at Plymouth in League Two earlier this season – on the bench on Tuesday and he will join Kaikai in the squad for the trip to south Wales.

Palace, who added only Adebayor to their ranks in the January transfer window, have now failed to win in seven league games, scoring only twice, and travel to Swansea 10 points clear of the relegation cut-off with their only wins since Christmas having come in the FA Cup. The manager admitted his team, even 12th in the table, find themselves in “a vulnerable position”.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chung-yong Lee says he wants to leave Crystal Palace this summer after growing tired of Alan Pardew's "short-term vision".

The South Korea international winger has two years left on his Palace deal but has started just four Premier League games this season, and in an interview with Korea's Sport Seoul he has made a series of claims about Pardew's management style.

The publication quotes Lee as questioning Pardew's "absurd" decision-making, with the 27-year-old also stating his manager is too "hot tempered" during games. Lee even claims that, during one match, he had to tell his boss he had used all his substitutes.

"I have a contract with Crystal Palace until 2018 but I don't have any reason to stay here next season," said Lee, signed from Bolton by Pardew in February last year.

"I think I should try to talk to other clubs. If I had enough opportunities and had disappointed here, I would not make any excuses. But I never had opportunities.

"Pardew said he had wanted to sign me at Newcastle as well. It seemed that he really wanted to sign me so I decided to join Crystal Palace. But I got injured in January and returned in April. During that time, Crystal Palace did really well with Jason Puncheon, Yannick Bolasie and Wilfried Zaha. So my place was gone.

"Pardew runs the team with very short-term vision. We have a great squad but he plays the same players again and again until someone gets injured. Then his replacement cannot play well because he is playing for the first time in two months. I think that's why we have not done well in the latter half of season."

Pardew famously clashed with Arsene Wenger in the technical area during his time at West Ham and was banned for seven matches while at Newcastle for clashing with a Hull player.

Lee said: "Pardew is very smart in training but he's too hot tempered in matches, so he even forgets how many substitutes are left.

"He told me to warm up, then we used all three substitutes, so I sat on the bench again. Five minutes later, he told me to warm up again so I told him there were no substitutes left. He just said: 'Oh, sorry'.

"Pardew also made me train as a starter for the whole week and decided to leave me out on matchday as an injured player who had not trained all week recovered and felt okay on the day. That was absurd."

Palace - eight points above the bottom three with three games to play - won nine league games by mid-December and then went almost four months without a victory before defeating Norwich.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace have opened negotiations with Queens Park Rangers aimed at making Steven Caulker, a former England defender, their first signing of the summer.

Caulker, a former Tottenham Hotspur youth-team graduate who moved to Loftus Road from Cardiff City in 2014 for £8m, spent last season on loan at Southampton and Liverpool from the Championship club, though he managed only one Premier League start all term. The 24-year-old, whose solitary cap was gained against Sweden in 2012, is keen to revive his stuttering career in the top-flight, with QPR happy to listen to offers.

They are seeking a deal worth a potential £6.5m for the defender, whom Palace would consider a long-term partner for Scott Dann at centre-half. Damien Delaney has signed a new 12-month deal at Selhurst Park, but Palace could lose Adrian Mariappa on a free transfer despite the Jamaica international having been offered new terms in south London. Another defender, the veteran Brede Hangeland, is also out of contract while Martin Kelly is interesting both West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland.

The Palace manager, Alan Pardew, has indicated a desire to make three or four major signings this summer, with interest expected in the likes of Lewis Cook at Leeds, West Ham’s James Tomkins, the Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic and the Norwich winger Nathan Redmond. Some fringe players will also depart the beaten FA Cup finalists, with the likes of Jordon Mutch, Fraizer Campbell, Lee Chung-yong and Alex McCarthy all effectively available. Marouane Chamakh and Emmanuel Adebayor are both out of contract, with the latter the subject of interest from clubs in the Chinese Super League.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace intend to trigger the release clause in Andros Townsend’s contract at Newcastle United and will learn whether the England international is willing to swap Tyneside for south London when he returns from holiday this month.

Townsend, who joined Newcastle from Spurs in January for an initial £8m, was omitted from the England squad for the European Championship last week. The 24-year-old had been called up as a replacement for the injured Danny Welbeck, reward for fine form over the second half of the seasonwhich yielded four goals in 13 games, but his involvement in England’s pre-tournament friendlies was limited to 14 minutes as a substitute against Australia.

He was informed by Roy Hodgson that he would not be involved in France, along with Leicester’s Danny Drinkwater, and is considering his future at club level despite Rafael Benítez indicating a desire to retain his services.

The player has an £8m release clause for clubs who finished last term in the top half of the Premier League, though only if he was involved in the England squad. A second clause, understood to be set at around £10.5m, can also be triggered by clubs who finished in the lower half of the table.

Palace’s disappointing league form over the past six months led to them finishing 15th. A fee of around £10.5m would put Townsend alongside Yohan Cabaye as the club’s record signing, with his wages, at close to £80,000 a week, expected to fall in line with those of the France international.

Palace, who are in talks with Yannick Bolasie’s representative aimed at agreeing new terms at Selhurst Park, had declared an interest in securing Nathan Redmond from Norwich City, though he is likely to join Stoke instead for around £10m. The England Under-21 international is entering the final 12 months of his contract at Carrow Road and is anxious to remain in the top flight.

Palace’s Alan Pardew hopes to make three or four significant signings this summer as Palace revamp their squad, with interest established in QPR’s Steven Caulker, James Tomkins at West Ham United, Asmir Begovic of Chelsea and Leeds’ young midfielder Lewis Cook. They are braced to field an offer from Everton for the centre-back Scott Dann, who signed a new long-term contract last summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I think any club in the bottom 10 should be looking to sign him but his wages are steep and for Palce is he really an upgrade on Bollasie and Zaha?

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:23 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'd say he's an upgrade on Zaha who plays on the same side as him one of the problems they had last season is I think Bolasie got injured for about 3 months and it just killed their momentum everything fell apart for them while he was out.

I think for them it's just a case of keep building every year try and add better players into the starting XI and those who were starters then drop down to the bench that is how imo you should build a squad you obviously need to sign the occassional squad player as cover but you should be targetting players that improve your first XI.

One of the problems Pardew has is he tends to pick the same team all the time so there's always divisions in the squad.

I think a big thing for them is getting a striker in the summer the Adebayor thing hasn't really worked and it doesn't look like Pardew has much faith in Gayle or Wickham.

On Townsend I agree he's a good signing for most of the middle tier clubs if they need a winger but his wages do appear to be a bit ridiculous and he had some personal issues with Pochetinno at Spurs those sort of things can stick with you as a player if you're known as a trouble maker etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace are set to activate Newcastle midfielder Andros Townsend's £13m release clause, according to Sky sources.

Newcastle have not yet received an official bid from Palace, but Sky sources understand the move is expected and the Championship club are bracing themselves for the bid.

Townsend joined the Magpies from Tottenham in January having dropped down the pecking order at Spurs.

The 24-year-old scored four goals in 13 appearances for Newcastle, who saw McClaren sacked but failed to avoid relegation to the Championship under the management of Rafa Benitez.

Despite his resurgence in form at St James Park, the England player was left out of Roy Hodgson's squad for Euro 2016 in France, which ended in a last-16 defeat against Iceland in Nice on Monday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:25 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace are hopeful an improved offer potentially worth a club record £31.5m will persuade Liverpool to part with Christian Benteke as Alan Pardew seeks to revamp his squad further before the new Premier League campaign.

Last week an opening bid of £25m was rejected by Liverpool for the Belgium forward, who cost £32.5m when joining from Aston Villa a year ago. Palace’s new proposal is understood to be worth an initial £27m, with further fees linked to appearances, achievements and the club’s ability to qualify for Europe. Personal terms are not expected to prove problematic because the 25-year-old is keen to revive his career, although negotiations continue over the player’s image rights.

Benteke scored 10 goals in 42 appearances for Liverpool, joining initially under Brendan Rodgers but failing to convince Jürgen Klopp that he will be a key player under the German’s regime. The striker, whose involvement at Euro 2016 was limited to 10 minutes over two substitute appearances, has attracted interest from West Ham United this summer but is believed to be willing to move to Selhurst Park, with Palace having failed to sign his compatriot Michy Batshuayi. The latter has since joined Chelsea for £33.2m.

Benteke would join Andros Townsend, a £13m arrival from Newcastle United, and the France No2 goalkeeper, Steve Mandanda, who has been signed from Marseille for £1.4m, at Palace and should soon be followed by West Ham’s James Tomkins. The former England Under-21 international is expected to complete a £12m move across the capital, having been omitted from his club’s pre-season tour of the US and was due to have a medical on Monday.

There remains the possibility that Yannick Bolasie could depart Palace this summer. The DR Congo winger, such an integral part of the club’s emergence over the past few years, had been in talks over a new deal and it would take an offer in excess of £20m to persuade Palace to sell. West Ham have been mooted as potential suitors.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Crystal Palace have signed defender James Tomkins from West Ham for £10m.

Tomkins, 27, has signed a five-year contract at Selhurst Park and becomes Palace manager Alan Pardew's third signing of the summer following the acquisitions of winger Andros Townsend from Newcastle and goalkeeper Steve Mandanda from Marseille.

"I am really excited to be joining Crystal Palace, a massive club and a manager in Alan Pardew that I know well and will always be thankful for how he helped me develop in my younger days at Upton Park," he said.

Tomkins did not travel with the rest of the West Ham squad for their pre-season tour of America ahead of the transfer.

Palace chairman Steve Parish said: "I'm really pleased James has agreed to join us, he's someone Alan has always wanted to sign from his own days at West Ham. I'm sure he is destined to become a huge part of our team as we look to build on the progress the club has made over the last six years.

"It's been a really positive transfer window so far, everyone has worked really hard to make these deals happen and I think we are much stronger because of them."

Tomkins, who came through the youth ranks at West Ham, made 32 appearances for Slaven Bilic's side last season.

He featured predominantly at right-back for the Hammers during the 2015/16 campaign, scoring in the FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Manchester United.

Surprised to see him leave West Ham being a home grown player you'd think they'd want to keep him around not sure they've got options at RB assume someone must be coming in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:09 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Sam Byram signed from Leeds last January.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

idontfeardeath wrote:
Sam Byram signed from Leeds last January.

Yeah but I'm guessing they've sent Jenkinson back to Arsenal after his loan spell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Yannick Bolasie travelled to Merseyside on Sunday to undergo a medical at Everton before a £25m transfer, which could potentially rise to a club record £30m, having bid farewell to his team-mates at Crystal Palace.

The Democratic Republic of Congo winger, who came off the bench in Palace’s 1-0 home defeat to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, had made clear his desire for a fresh start after four years at Selhurst Park.

Bristol City, who sold Bolasie to Palace in 2012 for only £350,000, are due a substantial windfall having inserted a sizeable sell-on fee into the original move.

Alan Pardew, who is already seeking to add two strikers to his squad before the closure of the transfer window later this month, will also want a like-for-like replacement for the departing 27-year-old, but an enquiry lodged with Manchester United to take Ashley Young on loan has been knocked back. United would prefer to sell the former England international.

The Palace manager was a reluctant seller but accepted Bolasie’s “heart and soul may be elsewhere” after Everton formally lodged their interest last week.

Steve Walsh, the Merseysiders’ newly appointed director of football, is a longstanding admirer of the forward and had been interested in taking him to Leicester earlier this summer. “We know there is a big offer and a big club in for him,” said Pardew on Saturday. “The deal is close and he will go with my best wishes.”

Palace also expect Mile Jedinak to depart the club this week with the Australia international, who lost the captaincy to Scott Dann this summer, due to drop into the Championship with Aston Villa. Jedinak, 32, has entered the final year of his contract in south London and will leave after five years as a mainstay of the team who rose from the second tier to establish themselves in the top flight. He threw his shirt into the crowd at the end of Saturday’s game at Selhurst Park.

Pardew spoke last week of this being a season of “transition” at Palace but will also expect a replacement to be purchased for Jedinak. Of the forward options being pursued, the club now face competition from West Brom for Liverpool’s Christian Benteke after a month of talks with the Merseyside club failed to yield agreement over a fee.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

30million :doh:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:13 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

New era prices have basically doubled this season £25-30m is probably the going rate for him now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next