AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Manchester City Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Cillesen to Barca almost done which means they'll allow Bravo to move to City which is basically curtains for Joe Hart.

Apparently Everton will be in for him some reports that Sevilla were interesting in a loan deal for him because they can't afford his wages.

Watching Cabellero the other day his footwork isn't great I reckon it's more than just that as the reason he wants Hart out maybe feels the dressing room needs a shake up and Hart is a big name he can easily cast aside.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Claudio Bravo is flying to Manchester to finalise his move to Pep Guardiola's City, Sky sources understand.

It was initially thought the transfer would not be processed until Thursday but the Chile international is on his way to Manchester ahead of a medical and a finalisation of personal terms.

Barcelona have agreed a deal with Ajax to sign Jasper Cillessen, according to Sky sources, paving the way for Bravo to swap the Nou Camp for the Etihad and trigger Joe Hart's exit from City.

The Spanish club announced on Saturday that an agreement was in place with City to sell Bravo, who has been their first choice since he joined from Real Sociedad in 2014.

Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague also reported on Friday the clubs had agreed a fee of around £17m and Bravo's family were telling friends they are moving to Manchester.

Guardiola's desire to sign Bravo has cast doubt on the future of England number one Hart, whom Sky sources understand is now almost certain to leave the club before the deadline.

Everton, Sevilla and Borussia Dortmund have all expressed an interest, and Hart is open to a move abroad, having told the club he wants to end his 10-year spell at the Etihad.

Hart has been left on the bench for City's opening Premier League matches of the season, with Guardiola preferring Willy Caballero for victories over Sunderland and Stoke City, and the new manager said on Friday that Hart is free to leave if he wishes.

Guardiola revealed that Hart had been told me must learn a new tactical role as goalkeeper if he hoped to break into his team and would be given the chance to do so while playing second fiddle to Caballero.

Guardiola wants his goalkeeper to play an instrumental role in the team's build-up play. Hart has made only 562 short passes over the past three seasons, while Guardiola's previous 'keeper at Bayern Munich, Manuel Neuer, made 2,077 in the same period.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:24 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Claudio Bravo from Barcelona for a fee of £13.75m, a move that signals the end of Joe Hart’s career at the club.

Bravo completed his long-mooted switch to City on Thursday afternoon, with the transfer occurring after Barça signed Jasper Cillessen from Ajax as the Chilean’s replacement. Bravo shared goalkeeping duties at Camp Nou with Marc-André ter Stegen, having joined from Real Sociedad two years ago. The 33-year-old was the No1 in La Liga while Ter Stegen started in the Champions League.

Bravo is certain to be Pep Guardiola’s No1 at City, making Hart effectively the club’s third choice goalkeeper behind Bravo and Willy Caballero, who has started ahead of the 29-year-old in City’s opening two Premier League matches this season. That is a situation that is not expected to last beyond the close of the transfer window next week, with it widely expected that Hart will leave City, whom he joined a decade ago, in order to maintain his status as England’s No1 goalkeeper. Hart all but said his farewell to City’s supporters during Wednesday’s 1-0 victory over Steaua Bucharest at the Etihad Stadium.

Hart has been linked with a loan move to Everton. However, Ronald Koeman, the Merseyside club’s manager, ruled that out on Thursday, insisting “there’s no interest” in the player.

Bravo, who won two league titles and a Champions League-winners medal at Barcelona, flew into Manchester on Tuesday to complete a medical and is Guardiola’s final acquisition of the summer, with the Catalan’s former club in line to make a further £2.5m in add-ons from the deal based on Champions League success and other factors.

Bravo, who has signed a four-year contract with the 2014 Premier League champions, could make his debut in Sunday’s Premier League match against West Ham United.

“I’m very proud to be joining Manchester City,” he said. “I know the club is building something very special and I hope I can be part of many successes in the coming years. I have followed City’s progress in recent years and know some of my new team-mates from the Copa América.

“It is not easy to leave a club like Barcelona where I had two fantastic years, but the opportunity to work with Pep Guardiola was too good to refuse. Now I will challenge the other great goalkeepers the club has and together I hope we can win many trophies.”

Pep Guardiola shows ruthlessness over Joe Hart but he is not a bad judge | Daniel Taylor
Guardiola said: “Claudio is a fantastic goalkeeper and an excellent addition to our squad. He has experience and great leadership qualities and is in the prime of his life. He is a goalkeeper I have admired for a number of years and I’m really happy he is now a City player.”

Hart is facing career limbo, with his dropping as City’s first-choice keeper based on Guardiola’s belief that he is not accomplished enough with his feet. It had been reported that a loan move to Everton broke down after City refused to subsidise any of Hart’s £135,000-a-week wage, however Koeman was adamant on Thursday that he has never been interested in bringing the player to Goodison Park. “No...no,” said the Dutchman when asked if it had ever thought about signing Hart, before going to add: ““Like everyone we’re trying to improve, to make the squad stronger that we have at the moment. But I’m not that manager who speaks a lot about rumours, about players. Everyone will see at the end of the transfer window what the final squad at Everton is.”

At City Hart has claimed two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and two Capital One Cups, though he did not play in the finals of the latter.

Cillessen, meanwhile, has joined Barcelona from Ajax for a fee of £11m plus a further £1.7m in add-ons. The 27-year-old has signed a five-year contract that includes a buyout clause of £51.3m. He will be announced at the Camp Nou on Friday.

Cillessen tweeted an image of himself in Barcelona’s kit alongside the caption “dreams do come true” after completing the move. He has 30 caps for Holland and make his debut in 2013. He started every game at the 2014 World Cup.

Cillessen will be battling Ter Stegen to be Barcelona’s first-choice goalkeeper. Tim Krul is expected to leave Newcastle for Ajax on a season-long loan to replace Cillessen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Joe Hart is considering a loan move to Torino, with the Manchester City goalkeeper conscious his career could be seriously affected if he fails to leave before the transfer window closes on Wednesday.

Hart has been demoted as City’s No1 by Pep Guardiola and was again on the bench for Sunday’s 3-1 victory over West Ham United at the Etihad Stadium, where Willy Caballero started.

Torino finished 12th in Serie A last term and are seventh with three points after the opening two games of the season. Hart is keen to play regularly and knows if he does not join the Italian club or go elsewhere his status will drop to third choice under Guardiola. Sunderland, who want a goalkeeper after Vito Mannone was ruled out for a minimum of three months, are not an option for Hart.

On Thursday Guardiola signed Claudio Bravo from Barcelona for around £17m to be Hart’s replacement. Caballero is expected to be the deputy so Hart will struggle to make even the match-day squads.

Hart also has his England status as the No1 to protect. He is in Sam Allardyce’s first squad, for Sunday’s World Cup qualifier against Slovakia, but Allardyce has warned Hart has to play on a weekly basis to be considered in the long term

Gianluca Petrachi, Torino’s sporting director, said: “The goalkeeper is an idea we wanted to follow. If it’s Hart then good, otherwise we will certainly be doing something on the market for that role.”

Samir Nasri is being targeted by Besiktas, with a delegation from the Turkish club due to arrive at Luton airport at 5.30pm on Monday in a private jet in the hope of sealing the move. The flight is scheduled to return to Turkey on Tuesday at noon and Beskitas are hopeful of having the out-of-favour Frenchman accompanying them then.

“Yes, there could still be movement,” Nasri said. “It depends on a lot of things in fact. There’s been a lot of speculation. Things that are true; things that are false too because they’ve never shown me the door or anything like that. But I said: ‘Everything depends on what’s up there [in your head] and your desire.’ So we’ll see. We’re going to sit down, discuss it and see what’s to be done.”

Nasri was banned from training with the squad by Guardiola when he returned for pre-season overweight. He made a surprise substitute appearance against West Ham, playing the last 15 minutes. This was Nasri’s first appearance under the manager, who offered an ambivalent response after the game when asked about the 29-year-old’s future. “If you want to help us, want to stay, want to be part of something, it depends on him, not me,” said Guardiola.

Sergio Agüero has pulled out of the Argentina squad with a calf injury and will miss the World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Venezeula. The striker, who faces a potential three-match ban for appearing to elbow West Ham’s Winston Reid, was replaced on 88 minutes on Sunday. City are waiting to discover the extent of Agüero’s problem.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:14 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Hart has agreed a loan move to Torino, is to travel to Turin for a medical

Liverpool are stuck with Mignolet with the other new GK injured. surely they could have tried for Joe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:21 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Hart is probably on massive wages that City would expect Liverpool to pay in full whereas I'm guessing Torino are getting him cheap.

If Liverpool believe in this new keeper as a number 1 why sign a guy for a whole season who will be demanding to be number 1 when he'll be fit again in a few weeks? It's a ridiculous decision if the new guy was out for the whole season maybe take a look also if you've watched Liverpool this season they're doing the same playing from the back stuff Liverpool are so why try and sign a keeper who struggles to do that.

Good to see Hart go abroad will be interesting to see how he handles the lifestyle change and the different type of football getting himself out of the spotlight might do him some good as well.

The fact no Premier League clubs came in for him probably tells you how highly managers here actually rate him he's a decent keeper imo but he's not a great one if he wasn't English he wouldn't be rated anywhere nearly as highly as he is by some in the media.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Aguero charged with violent conduct by FA 3 game ban is imminent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

He has gotten away with few... about time

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Aguero banned for 3 games for elbow on Reid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:06 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Yaya Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk has accused Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola of ‘humiliating’ his client by leaving him out of his Champions League squad this season.

Toure was omitted from Guardiola’s 21-man squad despite being one of only two City players (alongside Claudio Bravo) who has ever won the competition.

Seluk tole the Sunday Mirror: “It is Pep’s decision and we must respect that.

“If he wins the Champions League for City this season then I will travel to England and I will say on television that Pep Guardiola is the best manager in the world.

“But if City don’t win the Champions League then I hope that Pep has got the balls to say that he was wrong to humiliate a great player like Yaya.

“Yaya is a professional and so he will do everything he is asked to do.

“Perhaps Pep will think he is good enough to play in the final 10 minutes of a League Cup game against a third division team – and, yes, I am joking.

“But what I can tell you is that Yaya will spend the season at City. He will not be leaving in January. He hopes that he will get the chance to prove himself.”

All the Hart stuff has sort of let the Yaya thing fly under the radar.

Arguably the best and maybe most important player of the last 10 years at the club being totally frozen out by the new manager

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Yaya has treated City quite badly in the past with his behavior, the way he has gone about new contracts, threatening to leave every season, Birthday blues etc.

What goes around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:02 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Could argue that Roy Keane, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo & Wayne Rooney all played similar games to get new deals just the way the game is played but it isn't helped by the fact that his agent is clearly a complete helmet.

Without it being a dig at City it's odd that Schweistieger a guy who's done nothing at Utd is getting more coverage for being dropped than Man City's best player of the last 10 years who's been vital in almost every trophy they've lifted in that period getting the same treatment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Can only assume it's because Schweinsteiger is a bigger name than Toure (mainly due to the Bayern link), and also United stories get more clicks than City.

Toure has been on the wane for a few yeas now. It was something that needed to happen.

Pep is ruthlessly going about his business.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:26 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I don't think Barca execs are mouthing off about City's treatment of Yaya in the way the Bayern guys chip off about Schnweinstieger you have to assume both these guys are on the first flights to China/MLS once their transfer windows open again as these are the only destinations for guys earning as much as they do.

Also, the City story has clearly been Hart as he's more high profile being England number 1 but Yaya has been the more important player for them over the last decade.

As for Yaya being on the wane that's obvious but I think Pellegrini needs to take some of the flack for expecting him to be the player he was 3 seasons ago for the last 2 years he was there it was obvious the legs had gone a bit and he needed protecting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:38 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Yaya Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk has told Sky Sports there has been interest from Manchester United and Arsenal for the midfielder.

Toure, 33, is surplus to requirements at Manchester City under manager Pep Guardiola and was left out of their 21-man Champions League squad.

While Seluk has insisted a move to either United or Arsenal would be "impossible", he also revealed to Sky Sports News HQ that the midfielder has had offers from China, Turkey, Italy and the United States, and will look to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January.

Toure is in the final year of his contract at the Etihad, where he has won two Premier League titles during a six-year stint having joined from Barcelona.

"Yaya in January can sign a pre-contract agreement with clubs abroad," Seluk said. "He will have many offers from clubs. China and America of course they want him but we will have a lot of offers from England and Europe.

"He is in very good shape, very good condition, I think he lost seven kilograms.

"Maybe that's not good enough for Guardiola, but then Zlatan Ibrahimovic wasn't good enough for him (at Barcelona).

Toure has won the African Footballer of the Year award four times, and Seluk also predicts many fans in Africa will support Manchester United in Saturday's derby, live on Sky Sports 1 HD, following City's treatment of his client.

"They will lose a lot of millions of supporters from Africa because of this decision from Guardiola," Seluk said.

"Now they will support Manchester United. A lot of people in Africa say they will never see any more matches of City on TV."

If I was a club trying to sign him I'd offer him an extra £1m a year on the contract to ditch that agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:49 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
He's always been a complete gobsh*te. He's certainly done Toure's popularity with neutrals no favours over the years. When the whole birthday thing erupted you can bet it was his agent in his ear planting things in his head.

Saying that, remembering the comments Toure made when he didn't win the last African Player of the year award, he seems like a massive bellend as well, so they're probably well suited.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Toure is an under rated egomaniac he feels that he should get mentioned in the same breath as world stars especially a few years back when he was smashing through midfield scoring 20 a season in the Premier League he always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder that he maybe didn't get the credit he deserved.

His agent is just mouthing off so people don't forget about him he's clearly just trying to get clubs interested so he can get him a move ASAP as it's clear City don't want him anymore and the whole birthday thing was just their attempt to get a move or force a new contract as they realised his powers were on the wane and he needed 1 more pay day.

In terms of players who have dominated midfield he's up there with Keane & Vieira in terms of all round domination of midfield in the premier league era. Lampard & Gerrard scored lots of goals but Toure like Keane & Vieira dominated in so many ways and in terms of big games he was so reliable if City were in trouble the amount of times he'd get the break through goal was ridiculous especially in title winning seasons.

Him leaving City should be some huge fan fair he's their Cantona the guy who took them on to another level

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Manchester City players are unhappy with the strict demands of manager Pep Guardiola, it is being claimed in Spain.

Don Balon cites a high level City source, who says tension inside the locker room is growing.

City's players are upset with the micro-management of Guardiola, including "strict schedules and routines that must be fulfilled to the letter". There is also an internal code the players must adhere to.

The measures have upset the playing group, with the Spaniard's strict regime in contrast to former manager Manuel Pellegrini's more relaxed ways.

Guardiola takes City to Manchester United on Saturday for the first big test of his reign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

High Level City Sources also known as Joe Hart, Samir Nasri & Yaya Toure

This will come as no surprise to any player who's worked with Pep before or did some research on him before games he's known to hold briefing sessions after games that can go on for hours players no longer get showered and go home after matches it's all non stop it's why many think he can only manage clubs for 3 years because the players get worn down by his 24/7 intense detail style of coaching.

Seems pretty clear to me that City have given him free reign no player is to big to be told to leave Pep is running the show for the next 3 years so you either get on board with his methods or there's the door the days of downing tools and getting managers the sack are over.

It's probably come as a shock as the intensity probably wasn't there at all in the last 2 years under Pellegrini this will be a complete shock to the system a few of the Bayern players have come out recently and said things are a lot happier at Munich now post Pep they still respect him but they say they have more freedom and it's a little more relaxed.

Pep doesn't strike me as a man who wants to be loved by his players he wants them to be professional and do their job his message is if you do the job I give you we will win and so far it's hard to argue with his results

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

City look unstoppable at the moment, looks lie Pep can do it in the prem and of course Europe.

he only hope is they tire towards the end of the season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next