AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Manchester City Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Yeah it really is just outright selfish and ignorant to do it. I thought a bit better of Hart, evidently he's as bad as the others.

I saw a lass do this one, pulled in and started getting out of her..she timed it badly though, as a disabled woman pulled up just a few seconds later and screamed at her. It was tremendous to see this lass panic, go red in the face and jump straight back in her car and get out of there.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Bobby Manc's Bloooooooooo Moooon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:44 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I challenge every person I see wrongly parking in a special space, or parking over two spaces. Anyone who does it deserves penalty points.

Post subject: Re: Bobby Manc's Bloooooooooo Moooon
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
I agree, it's showing a massive lack of compassion for anyone actually needing the space.

Being eligible to park in these spaces myself, it's amusing/annoying when I get some old man angry with me for the same crime of parking in a disabled bay. They rarely believe I should be there even if I explain why I'm entitled to park there, I assume they must base it on my age EG I'm not an old age pensioner or in a wheelchair so therefore I must be a fraud in their eyes. Some of 'em get very angry with me too.

And speaking of Joe Hart, can he be retroactively fined for parking there? I'm not sure if parking tickets work that way or not.

Post subject: Re: Manchester City: Bobby Manc's Bloooooooooo Moooon
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:18 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Odds on Manuel Pellegrini being City manager next season have been slashed to 1/10 after some very heavy backing

Could this be the end for Roberto Mancini probably not the news City fans wanted to wake up to in the morning.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:47 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
It's been a really poor year for them, despite the FA Cup final. With the money they've spent, to be so far off us, and to crash and burn so spectacularly in the CL isn't good enough really. He doesn't deserve to be there IMO. I'd like him to stay, though, as I think with the right man in charge they could be doing a lot better.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

His days are looking numbered and to me it seems pointless changing the manager unless the rumours about him falling out with a number of the top players are true.

The lack of harmony in that squad is unreal there doesn't seem to be much togetherness at City and the manager is always calling his players out in public which can't go down well in the dressing room especially when he doesn't seem to heavily praise them when the team wins.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:11 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
Talking about wanting to punch players is an 'unusual' way of trying to get them to play for you :lol:

I think it's harsh to sack him after 1 season without a trophy. He clearly had transfer targets last summer that they didn't manage to get, and hte signings they did make have hardly set the world alight.

If they'd have landed Van Persie then they'd quite possibly be sitting at the Etihad with another Premier League title to their names.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
I think what they said in the TV was about right. This decision can't be based on football. They finished second, reached the FA cup final and crashed out the CL but did have Madrid and Dortmund in their group.

This must be based on things behind the scenes. He fell out with someone (can't remember the name) about the transfers last summer, basically because he doesn't have control.

Then he had those weird moments of being critical of his players in public. Although Joe Hart did gob off about the players mid season too, which was a weird one.

They can't be expected to win every year, he's done ok I would say, it's difficult defending the title. It must be off field problems.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

Well JSP is right about the lack of harmony in the squad, they always seem to be at each others throats.

Mancini is very vocal when he's not happy, he's had digs at numerous players, but he seems to mouth off first and then think later. It can't be something that's popular with the players, to be criticised in public, and a lot of managers simply wouldn't do that.

Maybe it will be a good move to replace him, perhaps someone else can get that group of players together, but I'm not convinced that's really possible.

Going to be interesting next season when this season's top 3 clubs all have new managers.

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:33 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I did a quick check the other day when arguing in the pub (got to love smart phones)

Last season United/City finished on 89 points this season if they both win their remaining games Utd finish on 91 and City 81.

This RVP thing to me is a bit of a myth yes he scored a lot of goal but he's only really replaced the goals Rooney scored last season whereas at City you look all the way through that team and the only person who I'd say has had a better season this year than last year is Milner. Everyone else has either stood still or in the case of most of the big names gone backwards.

The new signings whoever made the call on them haven't really worked out Javi Garcia & Rodwell haven't really stamped there name on a position in the team, Scott Sinclair has barely played & I'm still not sure what exactly the point of Maicon is. Nastasic though has been a revelation at 19 years old he's looked like a seasoned pro at CB and imo they've found a real gem there.

Mancini experimented with his formation at the start of the season as he obviously wanted to play 3-5-2 but for whatever reason he couldn't get it to work it was probably a bad summer to try and change the system with the Euro's players came back from pre season late and a formation change as big as that one takes some time to bed in.

When you think back over the season this year in comparison to last year the player that stands out as being MIA the most for City is David Silva. I'll admit I haven't watched a huge amount of City this season but I don't remember one magical moment from him this year or reading about a MOTM performance by him.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

It's not only a matter of what RVP added to United though is it? We may have done relatively similarly without him, but what impact could he have had on City who've been without a top quality front man for periods this season in Aguero's absence?

Nastasic is the one who looks a good shout for the future, the others look pretty dire. Can't imagine Maicon will hang around much longer, and I'd be far from surprised to see Sinclair, Rodwell, and Garcia leave either this summer or the next.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Yeah I mean in August they were really struggling for £20m + strikers.

Tevez, Dzeko & Balotelli was a pretty formidable 3 even in Aguero's absence.

Who knows what RVP would have done at City if he'd gone there for the money like many others would he have had the same drive he had at Utd where he just seemed to love the attitude at the club this winning is almost everything mentality of the players you get the feeling that maybe that doesn't fully exist at City.

I doubt any of the signings from last summer will leave I bet Maicon is picking up a huge wage packet as they basically got him for nothing and who's going to take Scott Sinclair as he'll be on something like £60k a week as well.

Maybe after a season of settling in we might see more of Garcia and what he can actually offer next season.

I refuse to believe that it was the board who signed the players why would the owner give Brian Marwood power to sign players he would have gone and got the players Mancini asked him to get and by the sound of it they offered RVP way more than Utd did but he didn't want to go there. How do you blame that on the board?

The whole thing failed this season players didn't perform, the manager cost them points early in the season trying to change the formation and the board messed around with in fighting which resulted in the management being replaced by the old Barca board.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
Yeah I mean in August they were really struggling for £20m + strikers.

Tevez, Dzeko & Balotelli was a pretty formidable 3 even in Aguero's absence.

Who knows what RVP would have done at City if he'd gone there for the money like many others would he have had the same drive he had at Utd where he just seemed to love the attitude at the club this winning is almost everything mentality of the players you get the feeling that maybe that doesn't fully exist at City.

I doubt any of the signings from last summer will leave I bet Maicon is picking up a huge wage packet as they basically got him for nothing and who's going to take Scott Sinclair as he'll be on something like £60k a week as well.

Maybe after a season of settling in we might see more of Garcia and what he can actually offer next season.

I refuse to believe that it was the board who signed the players why would the owner give Brian Marwood power to sign players he would have gone and got the players Mancini asked him to get and by the sound of it they offered RVP way more than Utd did but he didn't want to go there. How do you blame that on the board?

The whole thing failed this season players didn't perform, the manager cost them points early in the season trying to change the formation and the board messed around with in fighting which resulted in the management being replaced by the old Barca board.

Strikers who cost £20m or strikers who played like they were worth £20m? Big difference. Dzeko is a great imapct sub, but has rarely set the world alight when starting, Balotelli didn't really seem bothered, and Tevez seems to be a shadow of the player he was 2 or 3 years ago.

We'll never know what RVP would've done if he'd gone to City, but he could've made a difference to them, he's that good that even if he were playing at 90% he'd have made them better. That's a valid point, how many of the City players are there to pick up a cheque and do the bare minimum to get it, whereas at United there does seem to be a greater desire to win things.

You're right, from top to bottom things didn't work for them this season, but changing the manager every time you have a rough patch is not always the best option.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

No but as many people are often keen to point out Chelsea have remained successful by chopping and changing and if you've got owners who are prepared to pick up the cost that comes with that type of business model what is the problem? Chopping and changing managers doesn't work at clubs who have to live in the real world because it costs a fortune to pay off managers and then overhaul the squad whereas a club like City can probably afford to pay the £20m it would cost to sack Mancini.

I don't think Mancini has many players in that squad who are his foot soldiers. When Mourinho took over at Chelsea he instantly became mates with the big personalities in the dressing room and got them onside plus he added a few of his lads from Porto and got everyone pulling in the same direction. With Mancini he never really bought his guys with him when he came in and his hands off approach I think means a lot of the players don't really have a relationship with the manager.

To me they've just looked like a team that has lacked a spark this season last season that spark was often Silva who'd create a chance out of nowhere for Aguero but that just hasn't happened. They've kept having to go to Yaya and expect him to just beat a team on his own which he can do but not every single game.

I think what we've seen this season is that while the first XI at City is a very good side when you scratch under the surface the backup is nowhere near the depth in quality that Utd have.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sacked then..

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:27 am 
Major General
Major General

What a stupid decision by shiekhs , they should have used the contineuity to their advantage with moyes coming in at united it will take him some time to settle with the squad.IMO Mancini doesnt deserve this but his off-field criticism of his players and very recently about club heirachy may have forced the issue against him.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:01 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

David Platt's gone too. Wonder if Moyes wants him? :laugh:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:37 am 
AGR Poster Of The Year
AGR Poster Of The Year

borocooper wrote:
Sacked then..

On the one year anniversary of them winning the league nonetheless

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 am 
Major General
Major General

The James wrote:
borocooper wrote:
Sacked then..

On the one year anniversary of them winning the league nonetheless

Gotta love that little bit of timing, tarnish the date of May 13 by sacking the coach :fonz:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:57 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
kit man slagged him today

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next