AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Hull: The Place To Be
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:03 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Steve Bruce has resigned as Hull City manager after becoming increasingly frustrated by a lack of transfer activity at the newly promoted Premier League club.

With the season only three weeks away, his departure has provoked chaos and unrest at the KC Stadium. Bruce is understood to have left with a heavy heart but felt his position had become untenable and that his much-soured relationship with Ehab Allam, the vice-chairman, was irretrievable.

With Assem Allam, Hull’s owner, to whom Bruce has always been close, seriously ill, and his son Ehab keen to sell up, the manager has been unable to strengthen an injury-ravaged squad. Although Allam Jr has placed takeover talks with two interested consortiums on hold until after the transfer deadline, Bruce failed to sign a senior player this summer.

By way of exacerbating such problems, Michael Dawson, Moses Odubajo, Allan McGregor and Bruce’s son Alex have suffered long-term injuries. Meanwhile Chuba Akpom and Isaac Hayden, who were on loan from Arsenal last season, have departed, leaving Hull with around 12 fit and experienced players.

It is believed crisis talks with Ehab Allam on Thursday ended badly and, when Bruce failed to appear at the club’s Cottingham training base on Friday morning, coaching staff informed the players he had quit. Intensely loyal to their mentor, they were said to be angry and upset, sentiments reflected by Hull fans who, like the players, had been fearing this moment for some time.

The outgoing manager, who had expressed doubts about his future before and after Hull’s play-off victory against Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley in May, was interviewed for the England job last week but missed out to Sam Allardyce.

Nevertheless, the 55-year-old – who was at the KC Stadium for four years, presiding over two promotions, an FA Cup final and a relegation – knows his stock is currently high and was reluctant to see it damaged by what appears an almost inevitable season of struggle.

Having been talked out of resigning by the board when Hull were relegated just over a year ago, Bruce threw everything into a successful promotion campaign but, with Allam Sr no longer involved in the day to day running of the club, and relations with Ehab steadily deteriorating, he felt increasingly out of the loop regarding takeover talks.

He also wondered how much further he could take Hull and was in the dark as to whether any new owners would actually want to retain him. Moreover the former Birmingham, Wigan and Sunderland manager has long felt in need of recharging his batteries by taking a sabbatical. It did not help that the frequent commute from his family home in the Birmingham area was beginning to get him down.

A perfect storm was brewing and Bruce had said after that play-off triumph against Wednesday: “I don’t know if I’m staying myself yet,” only subsequently to receive “certain assurances” from the Allams.

“I am confident we all understand what we need to do to be ready for the Premier League season ahead of us,” he said last month. “Despite the talk of takeovers, my focus is on what happens on the pitch and as far as I am concerned it is business as usual. We plan to make improvements to our squad.”

As the weeks passed and those recruits did not materialise, behind the scenes tensions heightened and lines of communication with Ehab Allam dried up. Hull executives expressed annoyance that they were not told about Bruce’s interview with the FA in advance but the manager – who was never a frontrunner – told friends he could not get through to anyone on the board to inform them of this development.

It remains to be seen who will be in the home dugout when Hull entertain Leicester in the season’s opening Premier League fixture next month but Roy Keane was installed as the bookmakers’ early favourite. Keane, a former Sunderland and Ipswich manager, is the assistant to Martin O’Neill with the Republic of Ireland.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:03 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Griggs being linked with the job

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:17 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Hull City have compiled a five-man shortlist topped by Roberto Martínez as they seek a successor to Steve Bruce before the first-team squad head to Austria for a training camp next week.

With Bruce having resigned last Friday, Ehab Allam, the club’s vice-chairman, has taken control of the recruitment process and plans to complete the interview stage in the next few days.

Martínez, sacked by Everton in May, appeals to Allam and is expected to be strongly pursued. Mike Phelan, Bruce’s former assistant and a former Manchester United No2, who is in caretaker charge, will also be interviewed and has made it clear he would like the job.

Despite proving popular with bookmakers, Steve McClaren, the former Hull midfielder and Middlesbrough, England and Newcastle United manager, is understood not to be one of the five under consideration.

Despite the Premier League season being under three weeks away, promoted Hull have still to sign a senior player this summer and the board recognises a need for urgency. By way of exacerbating mounting problems, an injury crisis has left Phelan with only 13 fit players and there is an acceptance of the need to strengthen. Matters are complicated by Assem Allam, the owner, being seriously ill. His son Ehab has said he will resume negotiations with two consortiums considering buying Hull once the transfer window closes.

Bruce has written an emotional, open letter to Hull fans saying he had to leave for “the sake of the club”. The 55-year-old’s relationship with Hull’s vice-chairman had broken down over the lack of transfer activity but a manager interviewed for the England job this month is regarded warmly among the club’s players and supporters after leading them to two promotions and an FA Cup final during his four years in charge.

“It was with a heavy heart that I ended my time as Hull City manager on Friday,” Bruce wrote. “The four years I spent at the club were among the happiest times of my managerial career. It is rare for a manager to have the backing I’ve had from the fans. It’s been unwavering.

“My biggest regret is having to walk away, but it was a decision I had to make for the sake of the club. The last 12 months have been very tough and it felt like the right step for the club to move forward in a different direction and with someone else in charge. I desperately wanted to make it work this summer and be a Premier League manager again but, sadly, it wasn’t to be.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Hull City have become embroiled in a transfer tussle with Newcastle United as they try to avoid losing Mohamed Diamé to Rafael Benítez’s side.

A lack of senior signings this summer allied to an injury crisis has left Hull, newly promoted to the Premier League but without a manager since Steve Bruce’s resignation last month, with only 13 fit senior players and the news that Newcastle had met Diamé’s £4.5m buyout clause did not go down well at the KC Stadium on Monday.

The board responded by offering the Senegal international a new, long-term deal, but Newcastle understand the player is strongly attracted by a move to St James’ Park where Benítez has earmarked the 29-year-old as the ideal successor to Moussa Sissoko. Having impressed for France at Euro 2016, Sissoko is wanted by a queue of clubs, headed by Real Madrid. Newcastle are also closing in on a deal for the Brighton winger Anthony Knockaert and are believed to have also met the release clause in the contract of the Aston Villa defender Ciaran Clark.

Hull, meanwhile, are preparing to leave for a pre-season training camp in Austria on Tuesday. They will be without Diamé on the official flight but club officials say that is down to a court appearance rather than an imminent diversion to Tyneside.

In regards to a new manager, Ehab Allam, the vice-chairman who is running the club in the absence of his seriously ill father Assem Allam, is believed to have whittled his shortlist down to three names: Roberto Martínez, Chris Coleman and Gianfranco Zola, with an appointment scheduled to be made this week. For the time being, Mike Phelan remains in caretaker charge.

Bookmakers have reported significant bets being placed on Zola – the former Chelsea player who was sacked by Al-Arabi of Qatar in June – to be Hull’s new manager, while Martínez, sacked by Everton in May, is said to have impressed Ehab Allam at his interview, but may prove too expensive for what he fears may be too high a risk role. Meanwhile Coleman, who led Wales to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 and signed a new two-year contract with the Welsh FA in May, would not be released easily by the national association. So far, there has been no official approach.

“The simple fact of the matter is that there is a contract in place,” said the FAW president, David Griffiths. “He shouldn’t be speaking to anybody else and they most definitely should not be speaking to Chris without coming to us first for permission.

“I know Chris very well, have done for many years since he was coming through the ranks with Swansea, and we fully expect him to be in charge through the World Cup qualifying campaign. Chris is our man for the next two years and knows he still has a job to finish with us.”

That clubs in a right state surely nailed on to go down in this state

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Hull City expect to sign Manchester United striker Will Keane before the transfer window closes.

The 23-year-old has played three times for United, where he worked with Tigers caretaker boss Mike Phelan.

Keane has had previous loan spells at Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday - and scored twice in 22 games while at Preston last season.

Hull, who have 14 fit senior players, are targeting up to six new signings before Wednesday's 23:00 BST deadline.

City are close to signing Cardiff's David Marshall after the Scotland goalkeeper had a medical on Monday.

Hull have been linked with Derby County's £10m-rated midfielder Jeff Hendrick, 24, Spurs midfielder Ryan Mason, 25, and a season-long loan deal for Southampton forward Jay Rodriguez, 27.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Hull City caretaker manager Mike Phelan says he has not signed a deal to become permanent boss because the club keep changing the terms of the deal.

Steve Bruce left as manager on the eve of the Premier League season due to concerns over the lack of investment in new players.

Phelan, Bruce's former assistant, took over on an interim basis and oversaw a largely positive start to the season, winning August's manager of the month award despite initially having just 13 fit, senior players.

Since then, Hull have failed to win in the Premier League in September and suffered heavy defeats to Arsenal and Liverpool but Phelan remains optimistic a deal will be agreed for him to take over permanently.

Phelan said: "I am always confident that my future will be resolved. There's a lot of speculation out there.

"My own press officer comes to me with the off detailed report of what I'm supposed to be thinking or doing. My side of things is that we are still talking and we will continue to talk until it is resolved.

"What needs to be resolved is the terms of the deal. It keeps changing. One minute I think I've got something and the club are happy with and then the next minute it changes, so it's a case of thinking about all these new changes on the table and coming to a decision."

Chelsea visit the KC Stadium on Saturday with Antonio Conte's side having also enjoyed a miserable September in the league, failing to win any of their three matches and getting pummelled 3-0 by Arsenal last weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The sale of Hull City appears to have moved closer after a document filed to the Hong Kong stock exchange detailed a conditional agreement for a £130m deal with a Far East consortium.

The Yorkshire club, owned by the Allam family, has been for sale since 2014.

BBC Radio Humberside understands former Hull chairman Adam Pearson is associated with the consortium.

A sale to another group collapsed last month after it failed to meet the Premier League's owners' test.

Hull did not confirm the details of the document when contacted by the BBC.

The document, dated 13 October, shows Greater China Professional Services Limited, a company listed in Hong Kong, and Camsing Global have signed heads of terms - that outlines details of a formal contract - with Hull's parent company Allamhouse Limited.

It stresses, however, that there is "no legally binding agreement" at this stage and the sale remains conditional upon obtaining the consent of the Premier League "among other conditions".

Hull, promoted via the play-offs in May, are 16th in the Premier League after taking seven points from their opening eight games of the season.

Long-time caretaker boss Mike Phelan was last week named head coach on a deal until the end of the season.

Phelan will be sacked by Christmas and they'll get relegated which would probably have happened regardless of the takeover.

Good luck Hull fans you'll need it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

They've sacked Phelan

My guess is Gary Rowett will be who they go for

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former Olympiakos manager Marco Silva has been confirmed as Hull City's new boss.

The 39-year-old Portuguese has signed until the end of the season at the KCOM Stadium.

He replaces Mike Phelan who was sacked on Tuesday with the Tigers bottom of the Premier League.

Silva left the Greek side in the summer and had previously been linked with managerial vacancies at Championship sides Wolves and Nottingham Forest.

He will take charge of Hull's next game against fellow Premier League strugglers Swansea in the FA Cup third round at home on Saturday.

Who is Marco Silva?

A full-back with only two top-flight appearances in Portugal, Silva started his coaching career in the summer of 2011 with second-tier side Estoril, with whom he had spent most of his playing career.

He guided them to promotion to the top flight and a place in the Europa League before moving to Sporting Lisbon in 2014.

Under his tenure, Sporting won the Portuguese Cup but he was sacked in June 2015, four days after the victory, reportedly for not wearing an official club suit during a match in an earlier round.

He signed a two-year deal with Olympiakos the following month and the Greek side won a record 17 consecutive domestic matches, also claiming a 3-2 Champions League win over Arsenal at the Emirates.

But he left last summer after they secured a 43rd Greek title and has been out of work since.

'A bold and exciting appointment'

Silva has brought in his own coaching team, including assistant Joao Pedro Sousa, first-team coach Goncalo Pedro and goalkeeping coach Hugo Oliveira.

"Marco is a young coach who has impressed us with his philosophy and football style," said Hull vice-chairman Ehab Allam.

"He has a great track record and we feel this is a bold and exciting appointment in our aim to retain the club's Premier League status.

"We are already working hard with Marco and his team to deliver some key additions to our squad during this transfer window."

On the radio this morning they were suggesting he's highly rated in Portugal for what he did with Sporting but he left when he fell out with the chairman and winning the league with Olympiakos is sort of like winning it with Celtic the deck is stacked so heavily in your favour in terms of the finances that it's almost impossible not to win it.

Not sure on the logic with this one he's obviously a good manager but he's not experienced in England and he's not experienced at relegation battles.

The biggest issue they've got is that they've got a squad who apart from Snodgrass would be struggling to compete in the Championship and my concern would be will he be able to sign players who will succeed in the premiership.

Hull never really wanted Phelan as the manager imo the sort of appointed him because they didn't have a choice but could they have bitten the bullet earlier and got Allardyce? Personally I think he'd have kept them on the hook as there's literally nothing to work with there and with the takeover stuff dragging on there isn't going to be a pot of money in January to allow him to buy his way out of trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:34 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

no clue who he is, but speaks good English, so thats a start.

i truly fear for him, unless he conjures up a miracle

...and to re-iterate, no one is still ready to touch Giggs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm 
Major General
Major General

Why would any one wants Giggs?? whose only creditional is his 2 yrs spell under LVG where we played the worst football this club has season and same goes for G.Neville who was found wanting at Valencia got sacked and said he wants to focus on his business and punditry job and will think when right offer comes as if clubs would be queing up for him... I dont think Giggs have any leadership qualities he was wales captain bcz he was best player they had... He needs to start from championship or maybe lower league ....

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:15 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Nee-mania Vidic wrote:
no clue who he is, but speaks good English, so thats a start.

i truly fear for him, unless he conjures up a miracle

...and to re-iterate, no one is still ready to touch Giggs

Maybe read the article above it tells you most of what you need to know about his back ground.

I'll help you out as a player he made over 240 appearences in the Portugese leagues, he took over a small club called Estoril in 2011 where he'd beeen playing in his first season he guided them to promotion to the top flight after 7 years in the 2nd division he then guided them to 2 top half finishes and in his final season ended Porto's 5 year unbeaten home league record.

He then took over at Sporting Lisbon and finished 3rd and won the Portugese cup which was their 1st trophy in 5 seasons he was sacked much to the displeasure of fans shortly after winning the cup he fell out with the owners who felt the club should be challenging for the title although officially he was sacked for not wearing an official club suit.

He took over at Olympiakos and set a new record for consecutive league wins 17 consecutive league wins from the first day of the season and they won the league with 6 games remaining. The league is Greece is more one sided than the SPL so it's not hard to win it with Olympiakos but they did it with style and were unlucky to go out of the CL in a group containing Arsenal & Bayern Munich he left in the summer after he decided he wanted a more challenging job.

As for Giggs he just needs to keep applying for jobs and maybe lower his expectations his problem is being a 1 club man he doesn't have those links into other clubs plus having only played in a team that dominated the top of the league for 25 years how well does he know a relegation battle?

Basically Hull are a terribly run club and the word amongst the fans in the owners rang up Jorge Mendes and asked him which managers he had that needed a job they don't have anyone on the board with any football experience and the coaching staff all left for Villa when Bruce got a new job.

My guess is they'll look to exploit the Mendes client list and get some players in cheap or on loan and Marco Silva will just do everything he can to organise them.

Big boost for them is Abel Hernandez is fit again he'll make a big difference up front as he's actually a reasonably competent striker miles better than the guys they've been playing up top.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Robert Snodgrass has been offered the opportunity to move to clubs in China and Turkey but is determined to remain in the Premier League, with West Ham United and Middlesbrough among several potential suitors for the Hull City playmaker.

Marco Silva, the Hull manager, completed the signing of the Brazilian Evandro from FC Porto on Friday on a two-and-a-half-year deal, with Everton’s Oumar Niasse also joining on loan until the end of the season.

Silva would like to keep Snodgrass, who refused to sign a new three-year contract at Hull last month, although they recently instigated a one-year contract extension that means he is tied to the club until the summer of 2018.

Crystal Palace and unnamed clubs in China and Turkey are also interested in luring the 29-year-old Scotland international, who is expected to be allowed to leave the KCom Stadium for around £8m after scoring seven times in the Premier League this season despite Hull’s struggles.

However, it is understood that the former Leeds United and Norwich City player is not interested in moving overseas despite the opportunity to substantially increase his earnings – particularly with a move to China’s burgeoning Super League.

Snodgrass is believed to have been offered around £4m a season after tax to move to China but having sustained a serious knee injury in August 2014 that led to him missing more than 14 months, he would prefer to make up for lost time in English football. Hull are bracing themselves for new bids over the coming days, with West Ham’s opening offer of £3m turned down last week.

Evandro, a former Brazil under-20 international who played for Silva at the Portuguese side Estoril, will provide some much-needed competition in Hull’s squad.

Markus Henriksen is facing a spell on the sidelines after damaging his shoulder at Manchester United last week, while Dieumerci Mbokani is at the Africa Cup of Nations with Democratic Republic of Congo for at least another two weeks.

Snodgrass would be a huge loss to them think they'll do everything to hold on until summer where he'll get sold

Think he's a very good player for any of the mid table sides to pick up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:56 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Livermore Gone

Snodgrass Going

Mason out for the season

Abel Hernandez now potentially off to West Brom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:16 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The semi-detached owners of Hull City spent their long, cold January insisting to widely disaffected supporters that they are not just clearing the decks, hauling in all the money they can net, and battening down for the anticipated relegation of a club they are trying to sell. The £20m trawled from selling Jake Livermore and the season’s brightest attacking force, Robert Snodgrass, did not greatly help their case but the vice-chairman, Ehab Allam, did spend his transfer window final day in a flurry of deadline trading.

Sources close to the club say the aim of the Allams, Ehab and his father Assem, who is suffering ill-health, is to make a £40m cash surplus this season, given their small squad and £100m or more gushing in from the Premier League’s lavish 2016-19 TV deals.

Such a cash pile can be presented as an asset in the continuing efforts to make a profit from a sale. It could be used to repay some of the £77m the Allams have loaned to the club over their six years of autocratic ownership and used as ballast if City do sink to the thinner waters of the Championship. Some supporters saw the Livermore and Snodgrass sales as further confirmation of this strategy but Ehab Allam maintained in a response to the Guardian that the aim is to replace them and to build a team for the engaging new coach Marco Silva who can salvage Premier League survival.

While not commenting on the £40m surplus figure, Allam said: “It is not the intention of the family to have their loans repaid through the recent sale of players. All players sales, as authorised by Marco Silva, will be done with the aim of reinvesting this money back into the squad.”

The frantic final day recovered some credibility for that promise, reeling in the loan recruitment of the Italy defender Andrea Ranocchia from Internazionale and the former Sunderland midfielder Alfred N’Diaye from Villarreal, and the signing of the Poland winger Kamil Grosicki from Rennes on a three-and-a-half-year contract for a reported £7m.

City say they are to appeal for permission to sign the French midfielder Yannis Salibur from the Ligue 1 club Guingamp, claiming delay on the selling side pushed an agreed deal beyond Tuesday’s 11pm deadline. If that does happen, at a fee said to be £9m, it will take City’s spending on players beyond the £20m made from the sales.

The new arrivals at Hull join Evandro, signed from Porto, Markus Henriksen whose loan from AZ Alkmaar was made permanent with a £4.5m signing, and the loanees Oumar Niasse, Lazar Markovic and Omar Elabdellaoui from Everton, Liverpool and Silva’s former club, Olympiakos respectively.

For many supporters, it will take more than all this trading to repair a relationship which has never recovered from the Allams’ stubborn and flawed drive to change the club’s name to Hull Tigers, which was ultimately outlawed by the Football Association in April 2014. Assem Allam vowed he would sell the club within 24 hours but more than 1,000 days on his son remains in charge at a ground pockmarked by rancour, compounded by a new ticketing scheme which has removed concessions for young people and pensioners. Four different groups of potential buyers have sniffed over the club before departing with no deal concluded. One, led by a Chinese investor, was apparently agreed but fell away after the Premier League questioned how the funding was being structured.

Geoff Bielby, the chairman of the Hull City Supporters Trust, which campaigned against the name change and the new membership scheme, says he has cancelled his season ticket of 12 years in protest at the abolition of concession prices. The Premier League is still in talks with the club about whether the scheme breaches the league rule which require concessions to be offered at all grounds. City argue it does not. The club believes it has been given too little credit for the general reduction in prices to the lowest in the league, incorporating some adult season tickets of £252; £9 and £15 matchday tickets for category C matches, and prices of £24-£33 for plum category A matches such as Saturday’s visit of Liverpool. The club’s argument is that many tickets are so affordable they in effect constitute concessions.

Bielby rejects that, because adult prices have to be paid for children too and says the atmosphere in the ground had already become toxic after the name change debacle and during the relegation season of 2014-15: “My fear now is that because they have not been able to derive the value they wanted from a sale the Allams are trying to recover the money by running a small squad and relatively low wage bill, so they can remove large chunks of the Premier League TV money.”

To have generated unrest and disillusionment among many fans and an enduring chill in relations with the local council extending into a year in which Hull is the UK’s designated city of culture, seems all the more unnecessary given the Allams’ tenure has been the most successful in the club’s history.

Silva’s team were bottom when they went to Old Trafford on Wednesday but the fact Hull are facing Manchester United in a Premier League fixture remains historically remarkable. This is still only their fifth season in the top flight, in the 111 years since the one-year-old club was elected to the Football League Second Division in 1905. Three have been played under the Allams, who saved the club from serious financial difficulties under a previous owner, Russell Bartlett, in 2010, and have since pumped in loans from their generator manufacturing company, Allam Marine.

City played gallantly in their first FA Cup final in 2014, which they lost 3-2 to Arsenal, and when relegated in 2015, the Allams took out a £23m bank loan, now refinanced, to maintain a playing squad who could attain immediate promotion. That loan was refinanced this month with a further mortgage taken out with the London branch of the Australian bank Macquarie, secured on the Cottingham training ground and future Premier League TV money.

Even in this miserable season the club reached its first League Cup semi-final, losing 3-2 on aggregate to United after a 2-1 home victory that roused spirits on a bitterly cold night – but with an attendance of only 16,831, still featuring blocks of empty seats. The appointment of Silva, greeted with suspicion, is now hailed as progressive.

The club’s accounts for the year to 30 June 2016, the most recently published, show it took out that bank loan and made a loss of £21m to gain promotion, although £10m of that comprised bonuses payable to the players for doing so. The Allams invested £3m into the club permanently, for shares, rather than as loans, and did comply with the Football League’s financial fair play rules which, allowing for investment in youth development and facilities, permitted clubs to make a maximum loss of £5m, and up to a further £8m if the owners invested that in equity. All the players signed must accept clauses for their wages to reduce if the club is relegated, so that dropping out of the land of plenty does not descend into a financial collapse such as City have suffered twice in the past 20 years.

“The club remains up for sale,” Ehab Allam said, “but the primary focus is on supporting the head coach in the transfer window and beyond with our fight for Premier League survival.”

Such is life, during English football’s greatest boom, for the Tigers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7