AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: The General Chelsea Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chelsea have completed the signing of N’Golo Kanté from Leicester City for a fee of around £30m, with the 25-year-old France midfielder signing a five-year contract at Stamford Bridge.

Kanté, who made more tackles and interceptions than any other player in the Premier League last season, said the opportunity to work under the new Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, was “simply too good to turn down”.

“I am so happy to have signed for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. It’s a dream come true for me,” Kanté said. “The opportunity to work with Antonio Conte, a brilliant coach, and some of the best players in the world was simply too good to turn down.

“My first season in English football was very special and now I hope to go on to achieve even more during my time as a Chelsea player. I am looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates and helping the club achieve a lot of success.”

Kanté is Chelsea’s second acquisition of the summer after completing the £33m signing of the Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi from Marseille on 3 July.

Despite turning a large profit, having signed Kanté for £5.5m from Caen last year, the transfer comes as a major blow to Leicester. The Premier League champions also face a battle to keep another of their star performers from last season, Riyad Mahrez, who is set to reject the club’s offer of a new contract amid widespread interest from across Europe. The Algeria attacker has indicated he wants a new challenge.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Antonio Conte is confident he can transform players such as Eden Hazard into world-class performers at Chelsea.

Hazard was voted the PFA Player of the Year in 2015 for the dazzling displays that helped Chelsea to win the Premier League, but he endured a dip in form last season during a dismal title defence that led to José Mourinho’s sacking.

Hazard showed glimpses of returning to his best for Belgium during Euro 2016 and Conte is hoping the 25-year-old will improve into one of the world’s best.

“We know that when you have great players with great talent like Hazard in the team, the expectations are very high,” Conte said. “Also, when the season before you have won the title and Hazard has been named the best player in the league. It’s important for us to recover Hazard in the best condition: technique, tactical, physical, overall and with the good mentality.

“But I spoke with him and I’m very happy. For me I’m pleased to train a fantastic player like him and also the other players. In Chelsea, with Hazard there are many players with great talent — Diego Costa, many players. I don’t want to say the names but many, many players.”

Regarding the heights Chelsea’s most outstanding individuals can reach, he said: “We have players, fantastic players, who have great talent but in this moment the world doesn’t think they are the same level as [Lionel] Messi, [Luis] Suárez, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo or [Paul] Pogba. In our squad there are players who, with work, can improve a lot and reach this level. The player must understand that there is the ability to work to prove and to show that, ‘Now I am a top player, but I want to become top, top, top and want to stay there.’”

Conte, whose first game in charge ended in a 2-0 defeat at Rapid Vienna, also outlined the respect he will demand from his players.

“I always give education and respect but I demand the same, for all the people that work with me. I give them this and I demand this,” he said. “This was taught to me by my family, to give education and respect to all people. If I don’t have this, you are asking for trouble, for a problem.

“I love to be with my players, to speak with them, to help them to understand my philosophy, my methods and my thoughts. I love this. Hopefully when the players understand this we have a fantastic relationship.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte indicated that striker Diego Costa will stay at the club, despite a series of reports in the Spanish media linking him with a return to Atlético Madrid.

The 27-year-old has scored 36 goals in over 70 appearances for the Premier League side, but netted just 12 times last season as the club finished 10th in the table.

Costa joined Chelsea from Atlético in 2014 after spending six years over two spells with the Spanish club.

“Diego Costa is our player, he’s a fantastic player with fundamental importance. He’s very happy and is working hard,” Conte told reporters on Tuesday.

Winger Juan Cuadrado was shipped out on loan to Juventus last season and scored five goals in 40 appearances to help the Italian side to the league and cup double.

Conte said he was willing to give the Colombia international a chance to prove himself at Stamford Bridge.

“Cuadrado is Chelsea’s player. I like him. He arrived today and this afternoon he starts to train with us,” said the 46-year-old during the club’s pre-season training camp in Austria.

Conte will begin his tenure in England with a London derby against West Ham United at Stamford Bridge on August 15.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:09 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

first bid of 48m made for Lukaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
Saw reports that said they'd had a bid of €75mil rejected for Morata. Is he that good?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:27 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

He's a good player but can't imagine Madrid would turn that down for him I mean they've took him back from Juve for 30m euro and most assumed that was because they felt they could get more than that if they sold him but they don't have a backup striker so they appear to be keeping him although I'm not sure I buy that idea.

If they'd really offered 75m euro I reckon they'd have snapped Chelsea's hand off but assuming Conte wants to play 2 up top they've got Costa and the new guy they got from Marseilles so unless Costa is off why are they going for another striker.

Chelsea need to be focusing on buying CB's

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chelsea have made a British record £65m bid for Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.

Lukaku, who was sold by Chelsea in July 2014 for £28m, could now return to the club for a fee more than double that sale.

Not only would it comfortably break the British transfer record (as long as Paul Pogba doesn’t join Manchester United first), but would also indicate a significant meal of humble pie for Chelsea.

Sold by Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte reportedly told Chelsea weeks ago that Lukaku was his No. 1 transfer target to lead the line. Quite what that does for Diego Costa’s Chelsea future is unclear, with Michy Batshuayi already signed.

Almost every one of Wednesday’s papers has the story, but The Sun use an Everton ‘source’ to bring us their thoughts on the move:

“The club have made a very generous offer – it breaks the British and club record – and is more than double what Everton paid for Romelu.

“Last summer the John Stones negotiations became a bit of a saga and Chelsea want to avoid that so pretty much have told Everton they want to get this all wrapped up by the weekend.”

Everton are thought to be holding out for £75m for Lukaku, but surely would consider settling for £70m if it means they can finally get on with their own summer business. Ronald Koeman’s squad does look very light indeed.

Conte's identified Lukaku to lead his attack and the club are ready to sanction a straight cash deal if it means getting their man. [Mirror]

— Chelsea HQ (@Chelsea_HQ) August 2, 2016

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:29 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
'...Surely Everton would consider settling for £70mil.'

Crazy prices being talked about. He struggles to control a ball a lot of the time. Anything over £50mil I'd consider overpaying.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:31 pm 
Major General
Major General

The fact Everton bought him for around 30million suggest they wont sell for less than 60million .. Its crazy market and IMO even Pogba is not worth 100million .. In a parallel world Pogba should be 50-60 million player.

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:35 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Think someone might have been IDFD said the Lukaku fee was apparently a lot less than the £28m reported as it included loads of bonus payments that are likely never to be made but who knows.

Thing is to Everton a striker like Lukaku is worth more than he is to say Chelsea as without Lukaku who scores the goals for Everton? Even with £50m in the bank who could Everton get thats as good to replace him?

Prices seem to have basically doubled this summer £30m used to get you the mid level clubs top strikers Rooney, Berbatov, Benteke (I know that was a release clause) but you sort of get the point now clubs want £60m for these players.

He's a different kind of striker to Costa despite his size he's not really a hold up striker like Costa or Drogba so if they do sign him they'll have to tweek things to play to his strengths.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chelsea closed their tour of the United States with a 3-1 win over Milan in Minneapolis as their manager Antonio Conte prepared to clear out the players he no longer wants.

Bertrand Traoré opened the scoring for Conte’s side, while Oscar’s double sealed the victory after Giacomo Bonaventura had drawn Milan level.

Traoré stooped with a low header to give the Premier League side the lead early on but Bonaventura curled in a superb free-kick to equalise shortly before the break before a crowd of 64,000, the largest for a football match in Minnesota. Each time a goal was scored the PA played Let’s Go Crazy by Minneapolis’s favourite son Prince.

After N’Gole Kanté came on for his first Blues appearance in the second half, Chelsea began to take control and Oscar’s penalty restored their lead. His second three minutes from time sealed the victory when he found the bottom corner.

Chelsea now return across the Atlantic before a final friendly with Werder Bremen to close their pre-season schedule on Sunday.

Conte admitted to being impressed by Oscar’s performance, telling the Chelsea website: “Oscar is an important player and I think the season when Chelsea won the title, he played a fantastic season.”

He added: “Last season was bad for all the players, not only for Oscar or for another player, for all. I think Oscar is a good player with a great talent and he can improve a lot. I am seeing in him a good attitude and a good will.

“I think this match told me a lot – about the players who keep and who can go on loan or we can sell. Today, it was important because I have a more clear idea than before.

“Now we go back to London and it’s important for me, for the club, to talk and take the decision about all the players. In this pre-season we work with 30 players, four goalkeepers and 26 players. A lot of players. Now remains one game against Werder Bremen and then we must take the decision.

“We hope to take the best decision for the club and the players also. The ideas are very clear, but it’s important for me to speak about this topic with the club.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:56 pm 
Major General
Major General

Anyone seen how chelsea are palying ATM ?

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Not seen it in action but the reports I've read suggest it's basically a 4-4-2 but the wide men have a lot of attacking freedom to stay high up the pitch as the full backs are more defensive so it could be viewed as more of a 4-2-4.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:14 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

On the verge of a sealing a whopping 60m deal with Napoli for Kalidou Koulibaly. WOW!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:20 pm 
Major General
Major General

We did well with Bailly ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chelsea are pursuing alternative defensive targets after telling Napoli they have made their final offer for Kalidou Koulibaly, according to reports.

The Blues are understood to have failed in a series of bids for Koulibaly, with Antonio Conte desperate to sign a new centre-back.

However, Chelsea could now turn their attention to Torino’s Nikola Maksimovic, with a final bid of around £40million on the table for Senegal international Koulibaly, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Napoli are also interested in Maksimovic, who could cost around £25million and went on strike last week in an attempt to force a move from the Serie A club.

On the future of Maksimovic, Torino director of sport Gianluca Petrachi said: “We’ve been talking to Napoli about Maksimovic since January, so there’s been too much talk and not enough action.

“Now he is wanted by a big foreign club too, but at the same time we won’t rule out him staying too. It’s not just Napoli who want Maksimovic, but also a big club from abroad.

“It is an English club and the Premier League does have greater financial resources than other leagues.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Chelsea are understood to be in “advanced talks” with Fiorentina over a deal for left-back Marcos Alonso.

Antonio Conte is desperate to bolster his defensive ranks before the end of the transfer window, with a new centre-back also a priority.

Spanish outlet Marca suggest the Blues are close to agreeing a transfer for Alonso, who spent three years in the Premier League with Bolton and also had a spell on loan at Sunderland.

However according to Sky Sports, the two clubs remain in talks with a fee yet to be agreed.

The 25-year-old is expected to cost around €25million and would allow Conte to switch Cesar Azpilicueta to right-back if the Italy was to drop Branislav Ivanovic or move the Serbian into central defence.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Defender David Luiz is set to return to Chelsea for a fee of around £34m, two years after leaving Stamford Bridge for Paris St-Germain.

Luiz, 29, travelled to London on Wednesday for a medical as the Blues confirmed the signing of Fiorentina left-back Marcos Alonso.

Chelsea tweeted there was "more to come" after announcing Alonso's arrival on a five-year contract.

The fee for uncapped Spaniard Alonso, 25, is a reported £23m.

Luiz joined French champions PSG on a five-year deal after appearing for Brazil at the 2014 World Cup.

PSG are reported to have paid £40m for him two years ago - £6m more than Chelsea have bid to re-sign him.

Luiz joined the Blues from Benfica for £21.3m in January 2011 and made 143 appearances for the club.

He had three years left on the five-year contract he signed in September 2012 when he joined Ligue 1 club.

Meanwhile, Alonso moves to the Premier League for the third time in his career.

He played for Bolton 46 times from 2010 to 2013 before moving to Fiorentina and had a four-month loan spell at Sunderland in 2014.

"It's time for me to win some titles. It's a step up in my career," Alonso said on Chelsea's website.

Cesar Azpilicueta is the first-choice left-back at Chelsea, who have loaned Baba Rahman to Schalke this summer.

"My family and close friends know Chelsea is the club I have dreamed about playing for," Alonso added.

"I'm really excited about the challenge and I'm looking forward to working with my new team-mates."

Chelsea winger Juan Cuadrado, 28, has rejoined Juventus on a three-year loan deal.

3 year loan deal? Surely that's some sort of record :laugh:

Just a fancy way of getting around FFP regulations

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:51 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Hired Jose.
Sacked Jose.
Signed Matic.
Sold Matic.
Signed Luiz.
Hired Jose.
Signed Matic.
Sold Luiz.
Sacked Jose.
Signed Luiz.

Chelsea.

:laugh:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Cesc Fabregas says he has found life "tough" under new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte.

The midfielder scored twice in extra time as Chelsea came from 2-0 down to beat Leicester 4-2 in the EFL Cup third round on Tuesday.

But he is yet to start a Premier League game this season, with his only two starts coming in the cup, against Bristol Rovers and the Foxes.

"It's a new situation for me in my career after 13 years of basically playing all the time for my club and national team," he said.

"And it's been tough - I'm not going to deny it. But the last thing I will do is complain or put my hands up and give in.

"Something from inside is coming out stronger than ever and I just feel like a little boy in training trying to win my spot back as I used to do at Arsenal when I was 16. Hopefully I will achieve it again.

"My coach deserves respect because I know he wants to win and if he doesn't play me there is always a reason.

"Hopefully I can open his eyes and make him see that I deserve to play."

Chelsea go to Fabregas' former club Arsenal in the league on Saturday and the Spain World Cup winner wants to show Conte, who arrived at Stamford Bridge in the summer, why he is wrong to leave him out.

"He speaks a lot," Fabregas said of Conte. "He spoke to me a few times as well. He wants the midfielders to be very complete. To be physically strong.
"We are training very hard. Maybe I'm a bit more the playmaker, creative going forward and he wants me to be a little bit more stable and compact in defence."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next