AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Leicester's Crispy Capers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:09 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

so you are telling me that Craig fkin Shakespeare's insights,tactics and man managerial skills, transformed this team , over night and able enough to beat Sevilla ?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I think a back to basics approach has helped things they are playing the same players and style that won them the league which is what got them into Europe in the first place. Shakespeare has been at the club a long time he was their under Pearson so he obviously knows the players well and how to get the best out of them.

Ranieri had started changing players and systems almost every week trying to sort out problems that maybe didn't existing and I think that is what lost him the players in the end there were rumours of him changing tactics an hour before kick off despite them spending all week working on a particular system/style of playing.

The problem for Leicester is this season teams in England are wise to them they don't give Vardy any space in behind but the teams in Europe do which is why imo they've always looked better in Europe as they've been able to drop off and be compact then spring counter attacks. They won the league doing it last season and this group of players are clearly bloody good at it and Seville fell into that trap last night.

In England everyone has flipped them on their heads and said to Leicester here you have the ball try and hurt us and we'll counter attack on you Leicester being champions maybe felt obliged to become the more dominant team but the reality is the defence is weak when it's left exposed and the midfield/attack aren't good when they have the ball for long periods at opening a team up.

I think that Shakespeare deserves some credit for what he's done and piecing it back together it's hard to tell if the players stabbed Ranieri in the back or did he dig his own grave by reverting back to his tinkerman reputation the best thing he did last season was pretty much leave a system that worked alone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:03 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

of course he deserves credit, but the players are a sham if i am being honest

I watched the game and they reminded me, exactly why they won the league last term, which means they still had it in them.

I do hope they stay up and do well in the CL, but not able to get past the thought that Claudio was stitched up and deserved better

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:44 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Nee-mania Vidic wrote:
of course he deserves credit, but the players are a sham if i am being honest

I watched the game and they reminded me, exactly why they won the league last term, which means they still had it in them.

I do hope they stay up and do well in the CL, but not able to get past the thought that Claudio was stitched up and deserved better

It's hard to call the players a sham as we don't know if they downed tools or did they just do as they were told by the manager if the manager is changing tactics and you implement them you are still doing your job even if it doesn't work you could say the players did the right thing in forcing him out as they can't just ignore what he tells them to do.

Sevilla allowed them to play that way though just like City & Liverpool did this season they fell into the Leicester trap when I've seen them play other teams this season they haven't been allowed to play this way because everyone drops off and gives them the ball now as that is the tried and trusted way to beat Leicester and they haven't adapted to beat that plan.

I hope they go down and get tw*tted by someone good in the next round nothing particularly against Leicester but I can't stand Vardy and I don't think i've ever forgiven them for that 5-3 under LVG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9