AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arsenal: Gooner News
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:37 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arsenal are lining up Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus, 27, to replace Alexis Sanchez if the Chilean leaves the club over his contract dispute. (Daily Mail)

Juventus manager Max Allegri wants to take over at Arsenal if current boss Arsene Wenger retires in the summer. (The Sun)

Unless he goes to China not sure where Sanchez goes apart from another Prem club but surely Arsenal won't let that happen?

Spanish clubs wouldn't be interested, German clubs probably couldn't afford him, PSG have just signed Draxler but I'd still consider them a maybe the only other club who could go big on a fee is Juventus

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:28 am 
Major General
Major General

Wenger said the have world class replacement so it suggests Arsenal aint giving him 300 k ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:59 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arsenal players fear forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, is ready to quit the club after his public meltdown at Bournemouth. (Daily Mail)

The Gunners are considering a £20m bid for Porto full-back Ricardo Pereira, 23, who is on loan at Ligue 1 club Nice. (Daily Star)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:51 am 
Major General
Major General

I think lot has been thrown out of proportion... Alexis is World class player with proven pedigree and has been man of the tournament competing against messi neymar aguero. He was disappointed with the result as he is not contend with just finishing in top 4 and wants to win triphies and his action were justified as thats the world class high mentality player would do rather than feel happy over drawing not matter how good the comeback was ...

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil says he wants to know the long-term future of manager Arsene Wenger before committing to a new contract at the club.

The Germany international, who has 18 months remaining on his contract, is in talks with the Gunners about a new deal but has been linked with other clubs.

Wenger signed Ozil, 28, from Real Madrid in 2013, with the Frenchman's contract set to end this summer.

"I want to be clear on what Wenger is doing," said Ozil.

"I feel very, very happy at Arsenal and have shown the club that I am prepared to extend my contract," he told German football magazine Kicker.

"The fans want me to stay. Now it's just down to the club."

The 2014 World Cup winner also denied that his contract talks had stalled over money.

"The club knows that I am, above all, here because of Arsene Wenger - who signed me and whose trust I have," added Ozil.

"The club also knows that I just want to be clear on what the manager will do."

Wenger, 67, has previously said that Arsenal will do the "maximum" to keep Ozil and fellow key player Alexis Sanchez at Emirates Stadium.

Ozil properly messing with Arsenal fans with that statement.

You can't let players start dictating that sort of stuff but Ozil is right to want to know the long term plans of the club before he commits as last thing he wants to do is committ for 5 years and end up playing for a manager he doesn't get on with

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:37 pm 
Major General
Major General

He wants nr 10 shirt.. i think he has evey right to know where this club is heading and as JSP said he wants to avoid RVP situation as fergie lied to get him signed for united ..

PSG keen on alexis and reports from France suggest PSG are ready to pay big bucks ( 50 million ) for Alexis ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
If he's going for £50m I hope we join the bidding war.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

If the price to PSG is £50m you can assume the price to Utd and any other PL team is £75m and to be honest I think they'd rather keep him and let his contract run down than sell to a PL club yes it's a business but Arsenal couldn't get anyone on that level to replace him that would be proven talent so would they have the balls to do what Dortmund did with Lewendowski. I think it would be worth it just in case he changes his mind Arsenal have the money to live with that decision as well.

It's hard to tell what Sanchez wants money or trophies my guess is both so PSG might be his best option but like Ozil I think he's probably waiting to see what Wenger does as like Wenger was a big part in attracting him to the club when he was told he wasn't wanted at Barca.

The only concern for Arsenal with these 2 is probably the Rooney factor there's a lot of yards in those legs and at 28 these boys want the career contract the top earners in the league are earning somewhere around £250-300k a week these are guys like Yaya Toure, Aguero, Rooney, Pogba, Zlatan etc. Rooney got one of these deals and so did Yaya and once you give them these deals you basically commit to them for the full 5 years.

Arsenal's top earners currently are these 2 and they're on £100-120k a week according to most reports and they want nearly double that if they get that then all the people below them get pulled up as well and all of a sudden the wage bill spirals out of control.

I think they'll both sign new deals before the end of the season

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arsenal players Olivier Giroud, Laurent Koscielny and Francis Coquelin have extended their contracts with the club.

The Gunners did not disclose the length of the deals for striker Giroud, 30, defender Koscielny, 31, and midfielder Coquelin, 25.

But Koscielny said on Twitter he would extend his "adventure ... until 2020".

"We are very pleased that three important members of our team have committed to us for the long term," Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said.

The French trio have become first-team regulars at the London outfit, with Giroud signing the new deal on the back of four goals in four games - including his 'scorpion' goal against Crystal Palace.

"Francis has made tremendous technical strides over the past few years because he's so focused every day," Wenger added.

"Olivier has big experience in the game now and has become a more and more complete player since joining us.

"Laurent is of course a key part of our squad and I believe one of the best defenders in the world today. So overall, this is great news for us."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:21 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker, who is yet to play this season because of injury, has signed a one-year contract extension.

The 32-year-old, who won the 2014 World Cup with Germany, is recovering from a knee injury he suffered in pre-season.

"Mentally, he's a guy who brings a level of urgency into the team," said Wenger on Thursday. "He is back in training, but not with the squad."

Mertesacker's contract was due to expire in the summer.

Wenger added: "There were no negotiations in fact, because he had an option for extension.

"So it's not really a new contract, it's just an extension of the old one. We had to take that option early in the season and the decision was made quite easily."

Mertesacker joined Arsenal from Werder Bremen in August 2011 and has won two FA Cups with the Gunners.

Meanwhile, Wenger does not expect to "do anything special" during transfer window.

The Gunners are fourth in the Premier League table, eight points behind leaders Chelsea.

With striker Danny Welbeck available after a long-term knee injury, Wenger described Arsenal's attacking options as "very strong".

"I expect it to be a very quiet period because we have Danny Welbeck coming back," added the Frenchman.

"Offensively we are very strong, we have many players who can come in."

Arsenal announced the signing of left-back Cohen Bramall, 20, from non-league side Hednesford Town for £40,000 earlier this month.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he will accept a Football Association misconduct charge for his behaviour during the 2-1 league win over Burnley.

Wenger, 67, was charged with verbally abusing and pushing fourth official Anthony Taylor after being sent off in the closing stages of the game.

He had been dismissed for reacting angrily to a 93rd-minute penalty given to Burnley, who trailed 1-0.

Wenger, who later apologised, says he will request a personal FA hearing.

"I've said what I have publicly and the rest will be more discreet," he said. "I don't know if I will be punished and how I will be punished.

"The only thing I can say is that when I was sent off I was surprised and then I was in the tunnel which is where I thought I could be."

After being sent to the stands by referee Jon Moss, Wenger moved away from the pitch but stood at the tunnel entrance and refused to move as he tried to watch the remaining few minutes of Sunday's match.

As Taylor encouraged him to move away, Wenger was seen to push back against him.

When asked if he would accept the charge, Wenger said: "Yes. I am big enough to stand up for what I do.

"When I don't behave like I think I should behave, I am big enough to say I am not right. I'm a passionate guy and I believe that I am completely committed in my job and want to win football games."

In 2012, then-Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was fined £20,000 and given a two-match touchline ban for pushing an assistant referee during a match against Tottenham.

I think the FA have to be tough he hardly assulted Taylor but getting sent off for verbal abuse is normally a fine and a 1 game touchline ban but I think they might add a 1 game stadium ban for the physical contact they have to be really tough on that stuff.

The lack of respect and physical abuse problem is a huge issue at the lower/grass route level and refs are now becoming in short supply so they need to be seen to be tough on tihs stuff at the very top level.

I'd be quite happy for them to say from next season if you get sent off for verbally abusing an official it's a mandatory 1 game stadium ban these touchline bans are nonsense you should get a clear warning from the ref even use the yellow card but if you get the red you go to the stands and you get a proper ban.

Managers will quickly learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
4 game touchline ban. Will miss the game vs Chelsea

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

wow. been a while since I have seen him this deflated :ohmy:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:29 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Arsenal Fan TV :wub:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

You can laugh at them but the Arsenal fans must get so frustrated with the club listening to some of it there seems to be fights every week amongst the fans between the Wenger In & Wenger Out brigade it's like Brexit but with football in fact lets call in Arsexit from now on.

Arsenal charge top whack for tickets and if you do that to your fans they will feel entitled to demand top whack on the pitch in terms of players and managers.

Wenger imo has had long enough to rebuild the club after the stadium move it needs a change and he really should've gone after he won that FA cup first time that ended the 9 year trophy drought which I think was the last time his contract expired.

I understand why Wenger doesn't want to give it up why would he it's a great job and it's probably his last one but the people above him need to make that decision.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:19 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
An Arsenal official admits it was “disappointing” to see so many empty seats at the Emirates Stadium during the Gunners’ 2-0 victory against Hull City – but has denied there were as many as 10,000 vacant.

Alexis Sanchez scored twice to hand Arsenal a much-needed three points, and while the attendance figures state 59,692 – just 663 short of full capacity – were there to see it, the number of empty seats around the stadium suggested otherwise.

The evident spaces around the ground were noticed, with the Arsenal Supporters’ Trust tweeting “well over 10,000 empty seats” while The Gooner also tweeted “one in every 10” seats were empty.

However, Mark Gonnella, the club’s communications director, has denied this was the case and stated that the numbers claimed by both fanzines were exaggerated.

He tweeted: “Always disappointing to see empty seats but your numbers are way out.”

@AST_arsenal @CharlieAllen66 Always disappointing to see empty seats but your numbers are way out.

— Mark Gonnella (@MarkG_Arsenal) February 11, 2017

Arsenal fans are once again disgruntled with manager Arsene Wenger after another mid-season collapse.

The Frenchman is in the last year of his contract with the North London club and, although there is said to be a two-year contract extension on the table, Wenger remains undecided what he will do at the end of the season.

His future has become a hot topic over recent weeks, and Arsenal player Alan Smith believes it’s “probably is time for change”.

“We have reached the end of a natural cycle,” Smith said. “There are an increasing number of fans who aren’t happy and I don’t think Wenger is happy. It is bound to wear you down.

“Now it is time the club looked towards a different manager. The same voice for 20 years is an awfully long time. It has got stale. The offer of that two-year contract is on the table [for Wenger]. I wouldn’t be surprised if he decided to go.”

I can understand the club wanting to correct fans but notice they didn't give ou the actual attendance as part of the correction and clubs just make themselves look stupid when they announce at attendance of 60,000 when there are clearly 1,000s of empty seats where fans just haven't turned up.

A 12.30 Saturday kick off at home to Hull probably didn't help either not the easiest ticket to move on for those who've decided they want to give that game a miss especially when they've got Bayern coming midweek.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:38 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Forward Mesut Ozil believes he is being made the scapegoat for Arsenal's problems, according to his agent.

Ozil, 28, was criticised again after Arsenal suffered a 5-1 defeat at Bayern Munich in Wednesday's Champions League last-16 first leg.

"Criticism is normal if a player plays badly," Dr Erkut Sogut told BBC Sport.

"But Mesut feels people are not focusing on his performance; they are using him as a scapegoat for the team after bad results."

Ozil joined Arsenal from Real Madrid in 2013 for a club-record £42.4m, and came with a reputation as one of the game's leading playmakers.

But his displays have often been questioned and the Germany international has come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks.

'Was he the reason Arsenal conceded five?'

Against Bayern, the 20 passes that Ozil completed was the same amount as home goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.

"Bayern had 74% possession," said Sogut, who is Ozil's lawyer and representative. "How can someone in the No.10 position create chances if you don't have the ball?

"In these games people usually target a player who cost a lot of money and earns a lot of money - that is Mesut. But he can't be always be the scapegoat. That's not fair.

"Football is a team sport and Arsenal are not performing well as a team. Eleven players were on the pitch but Mesut was singled out for criticism. Was he the reason that Arsenal conceded five goals?

"It started before the match, throughout the week leading up to the game. People started discussing: 'Should he play? Should he be dropped?'.

"It was as if everyone knew Arsenal would not make it through and we needed a scapegoat. This is not right. You win as a team and you lose as a team."

'People say he has poor body language but that's how he is'

Ozil has scored 29 goals in 146 Arsenal appearances and last season created more chances in a single campaign (137) than any other player in Premier League history.

In January, the German was named as his country's player of year for a fifth time in six years, having helped them to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 and World Cup glory two years earlier. But many have accused him of underperforming when it matters most.

"I don't agree that Mesut has not had an impact on big matches," Sogut said.

"What about the win at home to Chelsea this season and Manchester United the year before? What about the games for Germany against Italy and France at Euro 2016?

"People are always saying Mesut is not fighting or tackling, that he has poor body language, but that is how he is.

"Believe me, he is desperate to succeed. If it doesn't work, he shows his anger and expressions. Was his body language an issue when Arsenal were playing well?

"He is not someone who runs around aimlessly and tackles just so everyone thinks he is fighting. If it doesn't make sense to run somewhere he will keep that power for the next run."

'Mesut is committed to Arsenal'

Recent defeats by Watford and Chelsea saw Arsenal lose ground in the Premier League title race and they currently sit in fourth place, 10 points behind leaders Chelsea.

They face a trip to non-league Sutton United in the FA Cup on Monday.

Ozil is out of contract in 2018 and there has been no breakthrough on talks over a new deal, but Sogut insisted his player is fully focused.

"I don't think the criticism has affected his performance or his mental state," the agent added.

"Mesut is committed to the club. There is no doubt that he will perform at 100%, with total professionalism and commitment as long as he plays for Arsenal. Nothing will change that.

"He is sorry to the fans, and he's sorry that he and his team-mates couldn't give the fans a better result in Munich."

He's not a player to dig you out of a hole simple as that he needs everything around him to be functioning for him to perform.

I think Wenger shouldn't have played him vs Bayern in that game his form is bad and a top manager would've made the tough call with him

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Arsenal have started to make enquiries about potential replacements for manager Arsene Wenger. (Daily Mirror)

The 67-year-old says he will make a decision on his future as Arsenal boss in March or April. (ZDF, via Guardian)

Sources close to the Frenchman expect the Arsenal manager to quit the club at the end of the season. (Squawka)

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has told the Gunners boss he must decide on his future immediately for the good of the club. (Talksport)

Spanish forward Lucas Perez, 28, is prepared to leave Arsenal this summer in order to fulfil his dream of playing for Spain in the 2018 World Cup. (Goal)

I mean that story at the top is about 2 months old Arsenal apparently have contacted agents to sound out interest from various coaches in Europe just in case Wenger didn't sign a new deal.

The club just need to bite the bullett and make the decision for him tell him he's going at the end of his contract and let the next few months be like a goodbye parade rather than the horrible situation they currently have which isn't helping anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The agent of Arsenal striker Lucas Perez has confirmed that he wants to leave the club “at all costs” in the summer.

Perez joined the Gunners from Deportivo La Coruna for £17million, but has not been given enough of an opportunity to impress.

The Spaniard has scored six goals and assisted a further five in all competitions, but has been handed just eight starts this campaign.

As a result, the 28-year-old is looking to leave at the end of the season.

“He hasn’t received any offer yet,” Rodrigo Fernandez Llovelle told calciomercato.com.

“If Lucas leaves London – and he will leave because he’s had no chance with [Arsene] Wenger – he wants to go and play for a big club like Arsenal.

“Milan is a great club and he likes them very much, even if we’ve never talked with the Rossoneri hierarchy.

“Look, the truth is that Lucas wants to leave at all costs and is not happy at Arsenal, he hasn’t settled and hasn’t had a chance to play and show what he can do.

“No matter who is the manager in the future, we want to go. The player must have the chance to play.”

Been impressed whenever I've seen him surprised he doesn't start more game assumed it was just injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Juventus manager Max Allegri has verbally agreed a deal that will see him take over from Arsene Wenger at Arsenal next season, according to reports.

Allegri is on course to deliver a third successive Serie A title at Juventus and is looking for a new challenge, with the Premier League – and the chance to pit his wits against Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klopp and Antonio Conte – a serious temptation.

The Sunday Express claim that Allegri has been ‘locked in talks’ with Arsenal for some time and has now agreed to take over, if Arsene Wenger decides to walk away from the club and not sign a two-year extension.

Saturday night’s defeat to Liverpool after Wenger’s ludicrous decision not to start Alexis Sanchez may well hasten Wenger’s departure.

Allegri has apparently given Arsenal a list of targets if he takes the job, with Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic one of the names mentioned; he has probably been as impressed with Granit Xhaka as our Daniel Storey.

Allegri himself said on Saturday: “Right now, at this moment, we are focused on what happens this season and so to talk about what I’m going to do is of little interest to anyone.

“The Juventus fans are interested in what the team does and what the team can win. Last year I met the President and told him I would stay, that when the moment comes I will talk to the club and we’ll decide.

“I have a contract to 2018, but now we have to focus on this very important period of the season, concentrating on Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia without thinking of what will happen next year.

“Right now nobody is interested in what my future holds. The important thing is to be aware we can go all the way in all three competitions.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next