AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Footballer jailed for sex assault
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:19 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Footballer Marlon King has been jailed for 18 months for sexually assaulting a woman - and has been sacked by Premier League club Wigan Athletic as a result.

The striker was repeatedly "cold-shouldered" by the 20-year-old student in a bar in central London last December, Southwark Crown Court heard.

He groped her and then punched her, leaving her with a broken nose.

The father-of-three, from Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, had insisted it was a case of mistaken identity.

The jury returned a unanimous verdict, however, and King was convicted of sexually assaulting the woman and causing actual bodily harm.

The assault happened at the Soho Revue Bar at a time when he was on loan with Hull City.

King was celebrating two occasions - his wife's latest pregnancy and the scoring of a winning goal - with a night out in the West End.

He was repeatedly "cold-shouldered" by women in the bar, the court heard.

Prosecution lawyer Roger Daniells-Smith said King had struck up a conversation with his victim by saying: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a millionaire." (Class approach, Superman)

The court heard she replied: "I don't care who you are; take your millionaire self away from our table."

He groped the woman and she told him: "Don't do that, it's not nice. Don't touch me."

King was warned off her again but he continued to stroke the woman's hair and then told her she was not in his league, the court heard. (Yeah, She's never played in leagues that low before.)

After she pushed him in the chest, King lost his temper and a moment of "completely gratuitous violence" led to him "smashing" the victim to the floor, jurors were told.

Two other people standing beside him were also knocked away as a result of the force of the blow he inflicted.

Several witnesses testified that King was responsible, despite his denial.

They included a football coach who insisted the 29-year-old Jamaican international was the assailant.

Fully deserved. No sympathy whatsoever. Scumbag.

Let's see how big he is when he gets inside. Won't be so cocky then, will he?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Footballer jailed for sex assault
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Totally agree no sympathy for him assuming his identical twin wasn't in the bar that night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:24 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

JSP wrote:
Totally agree no sympathy for him assuming his identical twin wasn't in the bar that night.

What makes 'em do it? Lack of class, breeding and social skills. Cleaning out the toilets will show him what fame & wealth really mean.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

To think we tried to sign this idiot. :puke:

Mido was twice the player and a much better person.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:26 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Highscores: 8
What a scumbag!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Truly an idiot - you have a pregnant WIFE and you go to a bar - first piece of stupidity. Next you then try to hit on women NOT YOUR WIFE and punch one out cuz they don't want you?

I'm ashamed he ever played for Jamaica - off to jail with you. :rant:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
JSP wrote:

What makes 'em do it? Lack of class, breeding and social skills. Cleaning out the toilets will show him what fame & wealth really mean.

All of the above and the fact that they believe ALL women want to be WAGS and are driven by money!!

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:00 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

red_sagem wrote:
Willie Eckerslike wrote:
JSP wrote:

All of the above and the fact that they believe ALL women want to be WAGS and are driven by money!!

Is that a Cheryl Cole quote? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
red_sagem wrote:
Willie Eckerslike wrote:
JSP wrote:

Nope, it's a Sagey quote! :p

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:07 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
nice emphasis on ALL.... highlighting the widely held misconception that it is EVERY woman, rather than 99.152% :thumbup:

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:07 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

red_sagem wrote:
Willie Eckerslike wrote:
red_sagem wrote:
Willie Eckerslike wrote:
JSP wrote:

Nope, it's a Sagey quote! :p

Sagey is a WAG?.....Welsh and Gorgeous? ....Doubt it. :coffee:

Taxi please !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:23 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Willie Eckerslike wrote:
JSP wrote:

Not sure. Spoiled brats? A million grand a week, five sports cars, a mansion, and the club psychologist / their agent will spend all day blowing smoke up their bottoms...

Glad he got done for it. He'd have been laughing if he was as famous as Stevie G. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Dave Whelen has sacked him :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:39 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
JSP wrote:

I honestly don't know they obviously think they're untouchable as they're not used to people saying no to them.

The thing that makes this even worse is he was out celebrating his wifes pregnancy and he's trying to pull other women. He's got previous as well and i'm glad he's been banged up.

The sad thing is once he's released he'll get another job still makes me sick that Lee Hughes is allowed to play football after what he did he should still be in prison.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:50 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Highscores: 1
Jarv wrote:
Dave Whelen has sacked him :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

They still employed him in the first place despite knowing he had 13 previous convictions of sexual violence against women!

Sounds like the guys got a serious issue with women, until he's got it sorted out he should be kept off the streets imo.

I've just got the wife knocked up I'll go and molest some birds at a nightclub and punch any them which don't like it!

What the hell kind of person thinks like that?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 am 
Major General
Major General

Not the first time he's been put inside, pretty sure he served time while he was a Gillingham player.

His agent's been going on about how someone will sign him when he gets out, which is probably true (unfortunately).

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ilovemybrick wrote:
Jarv wrote:

They still employed him in the first place despite knowing he had 13 previous convictions of sexual violence against women!

I don't believe the other convictions were of Sexual violence against Women, one was Handling a stolen car for example. I didn't realise he had that many convictions and as far as i'm concerned he should be banned from playing football at any level for life, I'm all for second chances but 14, no sorry he should have to get a real job and be banned from working in football in any capacity right down to sunday league.

Guys a scum bag and 18 months is a soft sentence

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:08 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Devil_Spawn wrote:
Not the first time he's been put inside, pretty sure he served time while he was a Gillingham player.

His agent's been going on about how someone will sign him when he gets out, which is probably true (unfortunately).

It is definitely true it won't be a premiership or championship side but Lee Hughes a drink driver who killed someone and drove off hasn't exactly struggled to find a job since because chairmen know he'll score 20+ goals a season in those leagues.

What's even worse is Notts County fans bloody idolise him. I wouldn't be suprised if Kind ended up there when he comes out as they'd be able to afford his wages.

The problem is when he comes out in the eyes of the law he's served his time and is a free man so should have the same rights me and you have which considering his previous record is ridiculous. One guy summed it up perfectly clubs employ numerous female employees how are they going to feel if a there employers hires someone with a history of violent sexual assualt?

A star striker will always be worth more to a chairman that his tea lady i guess though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 am 
Major General
Major General

JSP wrote:
It is definitely true it won't be a premiership or championship side but Lee Hughes a drink driver who killed someone and drove off hasn't exactly struggled to find a job since because chairmen know he'll score 20+ goals a season in those leagues.

What's even worse is Notts County fans bloody idolise him. I wouldn't be suprised if Kind ended up there when he comes out as they'd be able to afford his wages.

The problem is when he comes out in the eyes of the law he's served his time and is a free man so should have the same rights me and you have which considering his previous record is ridiculous. One guy summed it up perfectly clubs employ numerous female employees how are they going to feel if a there employers hires someone with a history of violent sexual assualt?

A star striker will always be worth more to a chairman that his tea lady i guess though.

Sad but true, if King goes to a club and scores the goals to get them promoted then he's worth his weight in gold to them. Football's all about results these days, on the pitch and in the bank, ethics have long since fallen by the wayside in modern football. Common decency will not prevail, and if not for the fact that King's hopelessly out of his depth in the Premier League then I'm not sure Wigan would even be getting rid of him.

He did a good job for Gillingham in League 1 / Division 2 when he was there, but he's nowhere near Premiership level, but Notts Co could be a good shout mate, could see him winding up there, unless they're closing in on promotion to the Prem by then.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

18 months so he'll be out in what 9 months?

Just in time for pre-season training somewhere :rolleyes:

i agree someone will give him a job, if there was any chance he'd be signed by United i'd be starting a petition to the chairman saying we don't want him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next