AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gazza
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I believe changes to the law mean that passengers who willingly get in the car with someone who they know is drunk can also now be prosecuted. So if you get in the car with your mate who you know has had too many and he gets pulled if they can prove that you knew he was over the limit you can be now be charged.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 am 
Colonel
Colonel

JSP wrote:
I believe changes to the law mean that passengers who willingly get in the car with someone who they know is drunk can also now be prosecuted. So if you get in the car with your mate who you know has had too many and he gets pulled if they can prove that you knew he was over the limit you can be now be charged.

I have never heard of anything like that. The closest I could find online is that you can't sue the driver for damages if you get injured in a crash if you knew he was drunk.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Kie99 wrote:
I have never heard of anything like that. The closest I could find online is that you can't sue the driver for damages if you get injured in a crash if you knew he was drunk.

I'm sure I read about it a while back.

Might of been a specific case where they were trying to prosecute the passenger or a proposal that was being made to change the law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4055853.stm this might be what I was referring to but from the sound of it nothing ever happened.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:45 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
A bankruptcy petition against former England midfielder Paul Gascoigne was dismissed at the High Court on Wednesday.

A judge was told during a short hearing that Gascoigne had reached agreement with his creditors.

The 43-year-old, who owes the taxman £32,000 and had faced a bankruptcy petition brought by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), was not present for the proceedings, and was not represented.

The last hearing in the case was on April 13, when Deputy District Judge Holmes-Milner adjourned the petition until Wednesday.

At a previous hearing, the court heard that a proposal had been put forward by Gascoigne which would allow him to pay off the full debt to HMRC within a structured timescale.

District Judge Clarke, sitting at the Bankruptcy Court in London, heard that Gascoigne's "individual voluntary arrangement" had been approved on May 13 at a meeting of creditors. She dismissed the petition.

Gascoigne has to pay £825 costs.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Kie99 wrote:
JSP wrote:

Nor me... but it wouldn't surprise me. They can do you all for murder these days if you go out with a person you know has a knife. :dunno:

Isn't knowing about a crime/criminal and not reporting it also a crime? I know it is in the US dunno about the UK tbh. If so, it's just an extension of that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Paul Gascoigne has sued The Sun newspaper for defamation and invasion of privacy.

The ex-England footballer launched the legal action against News International subsidiary News Group Newspapers in relation to two articles published in July 2010, Press Gazette reports.

In a High Court writ, Gascoigne claimed that the first article - headlined 'Gazza off to rehab after lager trek to pal Moat' - published enough information about the location of his clinic to encourage people to spy on him, which had interfered with his treatment.

In the 2nd story - headed 'It's Paw Gascoigne' - the newspaper alleged that Gascoigne groped a woman in a chemist's shop.

The 43-year-old ex-Spurs midfielder argued that his attempted intervention with Moat was evidence of a need for treatment and that the stories breached his reasonable expectation of privacy and damaged the prospects of his rehabilitation.

Gascoigne has asked the court for an injunction banning the press from publishing information about his medical conditions

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Umbro’s great ‘Faces of England’ spotlight on Paul Gascoigne, in which they sit the man down and ask him directly to either confirm or debunk several of the myths he managed to accrue over the course of his all-too-brief international career – including the time he dared a certain five-bellied chap to set his nose on fire for £1,000 and the time.

Turns out there’s not an awful lot of debunking to be done…

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:43 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

With Myth 8 he was lucky that the bodyguard didn't pick him up, throw him out the window and point out that that was how you did it properly!! The bloke's a prize k***!

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:56 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
red_sagem wrote:
With Myth 8 he was lucky that the bodyguard didn't pick him up, throw him out the window and point out that that was how you did it properly!! The bloke's a prize k***!

Not half! :lol:

Though the gun to the head probably set things straight. :eek:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:23 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

conscience wrote:
red_sagem wrote:

Not half! :lol:

Though the gun to the head probably set things straight. :eek:

You think?! :lol:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Paul Gascoigne needs almost 24-hour supervision after he started drinking again, PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor has warned.

Gascoigne's agent Terry Baker said at the weekend that the former England footballer's life was in danger.

Taylor, who has been in touch with Gascoigne, said the PFA had tried repeatedly to help the 45-year-old.

"He sounds as if he needs almost a 24-hour watching brief at the moment," Taylor told BBC Radio 5 live.

"It seems as if he needs somebody with him all the time just to make sure that he's looked after and is not going to do anything silly."

Gascoigne was shaking and slurring his words on stage at a charity event in Northampton on Thursday.

He has openly admitted to having problems with alcoholism, has spent time in rehab and was sectioned twice in 2008 under the Mental Health Act.

Taylor said that the PFA paid for a detoxification programme for the former Tottenham and Lazio midfielder through the Sporting Chance Clinic a few weeks ago, but that he had checked himself out.

The PFA chief executive has expressed fears that that Gascoigne could end up like former Manchester United winger George Best, who died aged 59 in 2005 after a long struggle with alcoholism.

"It's a case of one step forward and two back," Taylor said.

"I've spoken to Paul over the weekend, and he's said it's just a blip. But it really is down to him. We just don't want this to be another George Best tragedy.

"He does need a big support system, and he's got it from lots of friends. But there is a frustration that when things look to be improving, it all goes off wire." Gascoigne 'requires 24-hour care'

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has called on the PFA and Taylor to do more to help Gascoigne.

After a video of the event in Northampton appeared on The Sun's website, Schmeichel wrote on Twitter: "This is not fun watching. Gazza needs help. Come on PFA and Gordon Taylor, time to step up."

But Taylor said: "Peter doesn't know what we've done for Paul.

"There isn't a player we've done more for over my time at the PFA.

"In fact, we've been criticised for doing as much as we have, because he has not made the improvements that some of our other members have."

To be honest I'm amazed this guy is still alive he just doesn't look like he'll even win his battle with alcoholism.

Someone on the radio the other night said he lost a close friend recently and when he loses a friend he goes into a dark place and goes off the rails.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Flown to a drying out centre in the USA, so the BBC say. I wish the lad every hope. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

So many people have tried to help him even if he gets himself clean I just see him relapsing he obviously can't handle being alone and without his family close to him he doesn't stand a chance.

He never recovered from being dropped for World Cup 1998.

I hope the press keep their distance and let him try to get better

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:30 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
Gazza is easily the greatest English footballer ever lived, talent wise. He could have been so much more.

But he is a mess now. Very sad.

Piers Morgan, Lineker, Chris Evans and Ronnie Irani are paying for his treatment and flights.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 am 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 1
It's a terrible shame, and we can only hope that this time he does get himself sorted out, but historically the signs are not good. It really depends on whether he even really wants to live anymore.

:doh:

You know what Paks like. He's probably voted JSP for woman of the year or something.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:00 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Harry Redknapp has offered Paul Gascoigne a chance to work at QPR as he continues to battle alcoholism. The former England player is reportedly being treated in Poole hospital after being found drunk outside his home.

Redknapp, who lives close to Gascoigne on the south coast, has tried to help him by encouraging him to come along to QPR’s training ground and work with the youth team. “I saw him about a month ago and said: ‘I’ll pick you up in the mornings, Gazza, come training with me and do a bit of work with the kids.’ I’d love it if he could do that,” the Rangers manager said.

“I’d pick him up every morning at quarter to six at the top of his road. He can go and do some coaching with the kids and help Steve Gallen with the younger players. It’s an open invitation to him.

“He’s a great lad and it’s sad to see what’s happened to him and how he’s looking at the moment. I see Gazza around and I love him. He’s got a heart of gold. He’s probably given his last penny away. That’s how he is. But everybody has tried to help and the only person who can help him now has got to be himself.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:53 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Tottenham Hotspur have said they are supporting former football star Paul Gascoigne after it was reported he had been placed on an emergency three-day detox.

Medics sectioned the 47-year-old under the Mental Health Act at 3am on Friday after a drinking binge, it was reported on Saturday.

A spokesman for Spurs said: “We are aware of the situation with Paul and continue to offer our support.”

His close friend and former Spurs team-mate Gary Mabbutt said: “Paul hasn’t been well for the past couple of weeks, he wants to get better and he’s asked for help. He is being looked after very well – he has got a lot of support around him.”

Mabbutt said he could not confirm the report that Gascoigne had been sectioned.

Police were called to Gascoigne’s home in Poole, Dorset, at around 3.30pm on Thursday, according to the Sun. Officers were with him when he went to hospital early on Friday.

The newspaper quoted a source as saying: “Paul arrived at hospital at about 3am surrounded by police and doctors. He was not in a good state and they were really worried about him. He had been medically assessed during the afternoon before and was deemed to be okay.

“Then something obviously happened. He was put on a three-day detox.”

Police had no comment about the incident.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 pm 
Major General
Major General

No one to blame except him

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:01 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
No one to blame except him

In one way yes but in another way no it's a disease he can't say no and rather than helping him earlier on in his life people just assumed that was the way he was.

I think becoming famous has made it even harder for him to cope

I'm amazed he's still alive but I think he's now beyond help he'll drink himself into an early grave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:55 pm 
Major General
Major General

Not everyone can handle fame ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next