AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gazza
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:19 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

At this rate it won't be long until the farmer has to take him out to the field. Somebody has to do something to sort him out.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:06 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Just hope he gets humself sorted out before it is to late

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:44 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I hope he breaks his neck by falling of the stairs before he kills someone .
Can't have any sympathy for a person that does drinkdriving

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:44 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3

The trial of former England football star Paul Gascoigne, who is accused of drink driving, has been adjourned after hours of legal wrangling.

At one point the ex-Newcastle and Tottenham player was representing himself after his lawyer withdrew from the case at Northallerton Magistrates Court.

Gascoigne, 43, is accused of driving a Ford Transit van while more than four times the limit on February 7 at Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire.

The court was told he was found to have 467 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of urine. The legal limit is 107 milligrams. He denies the charge.

He has also pleaded not guilty to driving without insurance.

Gascoigne was due to be represented by lawyer Stephen Andrews but he withdrew from the case after lengthy legal discussions this morning.

Mr Andrews told magistrates he had only recently been instructed and he needed more time to prepare his case and call witnesses.

He said some of the legal documents relating to the case had been sent to Gascoigne's old address in Jesmond.

The court was told Gascoigne now lives at his father's house in Gateshead and had also spent time in rehab and at a holiday cottage.

But Mr Andrews' application to adjourn was dismissed by the bench, which accused Gascoigne of creating a delay.

The magistrates said they intended to hear the case today along with that of co-accused Michael Harvey.

Harvey, 41, of Wood Street, Gateshead, is accused of similar offences. He has denied driving a Ford Transit van over the legal limit on February 7 at Leeming Bar.

The court was told he had 259 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of urine. He has also denied driving without insurance and driving while disqualified.

Charles Weidner, representing Harvey, also applied for the case to be adjourned this morning.

He argued that his client's case would be prejudiced as Gascoigne was no longer legally represented. The application was also rejected by the magistrates.

The court was due to hear evidence this afternoon but it was finally adjourned after magistrates heard there was not enough time left in the day to hear the case.

Mr Andrews came back into court and told the bench he would be representing Gascoigne at the new trial.

Later, Harvey pleaded guilty to being in charge of a motor vehicle while over the limit.

Magistrates fixed a new two-day trial date for December 13.

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:10 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It'll be all Sheryl's fault........................again! :rolleyes:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:15 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

red_sagem wrote:
It'll be all Sheryl's fault........................again! :rolleyes:

I reckon United will somehow get all the blame for this. They always do.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:36 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

scratch-head03 so James Harvey pleads guilty to drink driving & driving without insurance & the tax payer gets to foot the bill to try Gazza ....maybe there were two steering wheels :blink:

....and & never said Sheryl was responsible for Gazza's behaviour, i said she was a vile, parasitic whore, whose behaviour worsened Gazza's psychological frailties.

Theoretically, he is solely responsible but i would suggest he is so ill there is an argument he is no longer responsible & the state should intervene before he hurts someone....

....Sheryl is simply the classic, greedy, fame driven, attention seeking, soul-less footballer's wife, milking it for her own selfish ends, rather like Martin Bashir's portrayl of the 'Immaculate Diana' & her ginger son :hmm:

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:48 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Resurrection Joe wrote:
scratch-head03 so James Harvey pleads guilty to drink driving & driving without insurance & the tax payer gets to foot the bill to try Gazza ....maybe there were two steering wheels :blink:

....and & never said Sheryl was responsible for Gazza's behaviour, i said she was a vile, parasitic whore, whose behaviour worsened Gazza's psychological frailties.

Theoretically, he is solely responsible but i would suggest he is so ill there is an argument he is no longer responsible & the state should intervene before he hurts someone....

....Sheryl is simply the classic, greedy, fame driven, attention seeking, soul-less footballer's wife, milking it for her own selfish ends, rather like Martin Bashir's portrayl of the 'Immaculate Diana' & her ginger son :hmm:

I never said that you said she was................. :wink:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:54 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

s'alright then.... :angel:

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 1
Whatever she is it's no excuse for Gazza to bash her around. Men physically abusing women is wrong no matter what.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:11 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Sparkys kneecap wrote:
Whatever she is it's no excuse for Gazza to bash her around. Men physically abusing women is wrong no matter what.

granted.... assuming he was of sound mind, however, if he was of diminished responsibiliy, mentally ill, not acting rationally, ultimately 'not himself', then it's debatable. The fella's been sectioned twice, they don't normally do that to your average 'wife-beater'.

I don't condone what he's done, but for a long time, it's been obvious he's been unstable to the point of mania, 20 years ago Sir Bobby called him 'daft as a brush' which is a polite way of saying 'mental'.

People who are mentally ill do things they wouldn't normally do & are unequipped to apply normal parameters. It's wholly unacceptable & inappropriate to knock 7 bells out of anyone, but if you're obsessive compulsive, bipolar, bulemic (apparantly), an alcoholic etc. then it's at least understandable.

....& let's not forget George Best was similarly afflicted.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Case adjourned

:hmm:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

the mans a lost cause!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

So very, very sad. :no:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Willie Eckerslike wrote:
So very, very sad. :no:

It is mate. If he was sound of mind, his footballing brain could offer so much to youngsters coming through the ranks. Some points in his career he was truly breathtaking!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:43 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Former England star Paul Gascoigne has avoided jail despite being caught driving while more than four times the legal alcohol limit.

On Thursday the troubled 43-year-old was given an eight-week sentence, suspended for a year, when he appeared at Newcastle Magistrates' Court after he was arrested in the city's Jesmond suburb when officers spotted him driving an MG erratically.

He was found to have 142mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath - the limit is 35mg - when he was tested shortly after 2.45pm on Friday, October 8. Former Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio, Rangers, Middlesbrough and Everton midfielder Gascoigne admitted drink-driving at a hearing in October and was warned then that he could be jailed.

A separate drink-drive charge, which Gascoigne denies, will be heard next week at Northerallerton Magistrates' Court.

Gascoigne was also banned from driving for three years and given an alcohol treatment order.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

GAZZA has escaped a drink-drive rap after the case against him was suddenly DROPPED.

Former England hero Paul Gascoigne had been set to face trial next week after he denied driving while being more than four times over the legal limit.

The former Newcastle United and Tottenham ace was accused of getting behind the wheel of a Ford Transit van with a test result of 467mg of alcohol in 100ml of his urine — the legal limit is 107mg.

Gazza - already convicted of drink driving last year - had also denied driving without insurance.

Northallerton Magistrates' Court, in North Yorkshire, today confirmed the troubled star's trial had been discontinued after a string of costly court appearances.

The 43-year-old was accused alongside pal Michael Harvey but their trials have been adjourned four times.

Harvey, 41, will still face trial and also denies the allegations.

Both were charged after embarking on a fishing trip in February last year at Leeming Bar, North Yorks.

At his last appearance Gascoigne represented himself after his lawyer, Stephen Andrews, withdrew from the case.

Charles Weidner, representing Harvey, said today: "I believe there has been a further statement from a witness which led the prosecution to believe there was no realistic chance of a prosecution against Mr Gascoigne.

"However, my client's trial will still go ahead."

Harvey is charged with driving while disqualified, driving without insurance and driving the van while over the limit with 259mg in 100ml of urine.

Gascoigne had already been given an eight-week sentence in December, suspended for a year, for driving while more than four times the legal alcohol limit.

The troubled ex-midfielder was handed the sentence at Newcastle Magistrates' Court after cops caught him in the city driving erratically in October.

He was also banned from driving for three years and given an alcohol treatment order.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Gosh what a surprise, the case has been dropped!! He should be dropped, from a great height and on his head!!

And, yes I know that's not the politically correct answer!!

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

red_sagem wrote:
Gosh what a surprise, the case has been dropped!! He should be dropped, from a great height and on his head!!

to be fair.... 2 blokes in a car, the one behind the wheel pleads guilty to drink driving

....that's gonna make it pretty hard to make the 2nd charge stick

over zealous prosecution & a waste of tax payers money.... you can't just do him just cos he's a p!sshead

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:31 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Resurrection Joe wrote:
red_sagem wrote:

to be fair.... 2 blokes in a car, the one behind the wheel pleads guilty to drink driving

....that's gonna make it pretty hard to make the 2nd charge stick

Why was there even an attempted prosecution of him then? Because he's Gazza?

But with age my hopes have faded

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next