AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Gazza
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
FALLEN footie idol Paul Gascoigne has a new claim to fame – as the first VIP to be banned from The Priory.

The private clinic decided against allowing the boozy soccer legend back after a series of rehab stints over the past decade.

Gazza, 41, has been sectioned twice under the Mental Health Act.

A source said: “Paul Gascoigne is not considered suitable for treatment any more. It is as simple as that. 

“He is on a blacklist but the details of the ban will never be made public.”

Gazza has fallen off the wagon countless times since a drinking incident in the “Dentist’s Chair” brought shame on the national side during a trip to the Far East before Euro 96.

Now the ex-Spurs and Newcastle United star is suffering health problems brought on by his boozing.

And he is facing bankruptcy after it emerged he owes the taxman £215,000.

He has failed to make tax returns for the past two years.

Last month it was reported Gazza had just £250,000 left after blowing millions on drink, gambling, rehab and his divorce from wife Sheryl.

The Daily Star Sunday also revealed last week he had split from lover Sally Mulholland, 44, because he couldn’t afford to live with her in the posh resort of Vale do Lobo in Portugal.

The pair are now said to be trying to patch things up.

A spokesman for The Priory told the Daily Star Sunday: “We never comment on individuals in any way shape or form.”

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Gazza Banned By The Priory
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:11 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 4
Why is natural talent always a curse :no:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:51 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
Fozzibare wrote:

It isn't. Giggsy managed ok.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:31 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Highscores: 4
conscience wrote:
Fozzibare wrote:

I would say giggs is more of a model professional, worked had for his success, more than naturally gifted. Players like Best, and Cantona didnt seem to have to work hard, they just played - until they fell off the rails.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

conscience wrote:
Fozzibare wrote:

....as did Titus Bramble

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

thing is Gazza talent was based on hard work when he was at Newcastle once he started to hit the bottle the talent quickly dissapeared was he ever really the same after Euro 96 when the drink seemed to really take hold of him. It's a shame that he couldn't handle the pressure and fame as he could of led England to some success as he was a fantastic footballer.

Problem is now it looks like the beginning of the end for Gazza he's in self destruct mode and i'm not sure anyone can help him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:46 pm 
General
General

I said I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead by last Christmas, and still I wouldn't bet against it happening sooner rather than later. Pity. He's had enough chances, just never wanted to change, and now it's too late 'cause his head's gone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:50 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

I'll save him :mandown:

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:02 pm 
General
General

You're my hero. :p

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
conscience wrote:
I said I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead by last Christmas, and still I wouldn't bet against it happening sooner rather than later. Pity. He's had enough chances, just never wanted to change, and now it's too late 'cause his head's gone.

There was a rumour a month or two back that he was dead, then he came out laughing the next day. Can't say I was suprised when I heard it initially though, he's got issues.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

FALLEN soccer idol Paul Gascoigne’s girlfriend flew thousands of miles to his side after he suffered mysterious wrist injuries.

Sally Mulholland, 44, jetted into the UK from Portugal to try to persuade troubled Gazza, 41, to admit himself to hospital.

It is believed he had suffered cuts to his wrists during a drunken bout of depression.

Cops and paramedics were called to the ex-England star’s Newcastle home this week but he was so drunk he could not explain his injuries.

Close ... girlfriend Sally Mulholland
with Gazza near her Portugal home

Friends feared he tried to harm himself after hitting the bottle.

A pal said: “Paul had been doing well lately but is now spiralling out of control again.

“Sally knows he needs her and has flown to Newcastle to offer support.

“He’s in a shocking state but says he won’t go anywhere without Sally.”

Gazza met photographer Sally this summer while he was on holiday near her home in Portugal.

His latest binge comes after it emerged he owes the taxman £215,000, meaning he can’t afford to live near the divorced mum-of-three.

Gazza threatened to kill himself two months ago.

He has previously been sectioned twice under the Mental Health Act.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Paul Gascoigne has blasted a new Cutting Edge special about his troubled life.

The former England footballer is angry with ex-wife Sheryl for her role in the making of the programme, in which she and their 12-year-old son Regan criticise his alcoholism.

Gascoigne claimed that Regan's involvement was inappropriate, telling The Sun: "It is beyond belief that a TV documentary has allowed an interview with a kid of 12 to be broadcast like this.

"How can a 12-year-old understand the things I've gone through? He is 12, for God's sake. I don't blame him one bit. He is my son and I love him and I always will. This is all down to Sheryl. She has turned him against me and his mind is now poisoned against me."

Gascoigne said that 2008, during which he was twice sectioned and placed on suicide watch, was "a terrible time for me. My worst ever".

He explained: "The drink and drugs nearly killed me, not once but a few times. And getting sectioned was the worst thing ever. A little bit of me died when I went in there and I am never going back. The difference this time is I know what I have got to do. I know I can never drink again otherwise it will kill me."

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Resurrection Joe wrote:
"How can a 12-year-old understand the things I've gone through? He is 12, for God's sake. I don't blame him one bit. He is my son and I love him and I always will. This is all down to Sheryl. She has turned him against me and his mind is now poisoned against me."

He might not uderstand what you've been thro but he'll have seen some of the messes you've got into, ya plank! :wall:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:42 pm 
General
General

Still think it's horrific that a child is involved in this.

Genius and insanity... two sides of the same coin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

DESOLATE Sheryl Gascoigne has finally revealed the true agony of turning her back for good on tortured ex-husband Gazza as he fights for his life.

She sobbed: “I don’t think anyone wants to have the death of Paul on their hands, on their conscience. I think I can help him — but he’s proved me wrong again.”

Glamorous Sheryl, 43, decided to cut loose from the fallen England football legend forever after giving him a last chance and taking him back into her family home just months ago.

In a tragic replay of the long abusive relationship that climaxed in their bitter 1998 divorce, 41-year-old alcoholic Paul let down his ex and their three kids again—storming out because she refused to have sex with him.

Shocked Sheryl told him: “I haven’t seen you for five years and you just think you can jump straight into my bed. It’s not going to happen.”

Nevertheless, in an explosive Channel 4 documentary to be screened tomorrow at 10pm she tearfully admits she STILL loves Gazza despite all they’ve been through.

Paul this week branded the programme, Surviving Gazza, “a disgrace” for putting his 12-year-old son Regan on camera, accusing makers of “poisoning” the boy’s mind.

But last night a close friend of Sheryl inisisted: “Paul is very aware Regan WANTED to do the filming and they were even filmed TOGETHER.

Delusional

“This whole film was about Paul—he intially started it off and then backed out.”

In the controversial show Sheryl tells how former Spurs and Rangers star Gazza:

GREW so delusional he thinks he’s mates with THE QUEEN and is being BUGGED.

BRANDED Sheryl an “ignorant woman” and told her son he was going to get “blad- dered” in the final falling out.

CAST himself out of her life for good by rejecting her final offer of help.

Last summer Gazza—who was sectioned under the Mental Health Act for his own safety—looked like he might finally turn his life around after Sheryl agreed to take him back.

Until now she has never spoken about that reunion. In tears, Sheryl admits feeling she had no choice but to try again with the one-time England hero who was capped 57 times.

KISS AND MAKE UP: But couple's summer reunion failed

“The life he could have without drink is much better than the life he has when he’s drunk all the time,” she says sadly. “He rung me up saying, ‘Help me! Help me! Help me!’ How can I put the phone down on that?

“I do still care about him, he was the love of my life. He’s the father of my son Regan. And he’s been a father figure to his stepchildren Mason and Bianca. And I DO love him, I don’t want anything bad to happen to him.”

There seemed so much hope when the pair were pictured hand-in-hand in June during one of Sheryl’s daily visits to the rehab clinic at the Priory in south-west London. She even took 12-year-old Regan along.

She was so convinced that Paul was prepared to change she granted his pleas to move back into the mansion in the village of Felden, near Hemel Hempstead, Herts, where she lives with Regan, 22-year-old Bianca and Mason, 19.

There was even speculation the couple might remarry. But things quickly disintegrated.

The first major sign of trouble came when Paul demanded to sleep with Sheryl just days after moving in. And he used the bedroom ban as his excuse for leaving with no warning.

In a phone conversation Sheryl told him: “You don’t want to stay in the spare room? It’s such a shame. It’s such a shame that you can’t see beyond that and have respect for me.”

Bugged

Sheryl also describes how she quickly became shocked by Paul’s odd paranoid behaviour.

“He was convinced he was being bugged,” she recalls, adding that he believed certain words acted as triggers for the dark forces keeping tabs on him.

When one of Sheryl’s friends used the word ‘bagel’ in conversation he exploded: “Why’d you say that? Why’d you say that?” He was convinced the word ‘bagel’ was a trigger sign.

Sheryl adds: “Paul thinks he’s best of buddies with the Queen— and the Queen’s cousin. He’s definitely delusional.”

The home video shot for the documentary shows how the family fears for gaunt Gazza’s health when he doesn’t eat for two days.

When they ask why, he points to his belly and replies: “Because I feel fat. That's fat. I feel fat.”

The others ask Paul what he would normally do and he replies: “Sit here and get p***ed."

SAME OLD STORY: Boozy Gazza falls off the wagon again

In a touching lucid moment Gazza takes the video camera around the house filming the family in bed while saying: “It’s great to be back home with Sheryl and the kids. Let’s hope everything works out. And just try and live a normal life.”

But Sheryl says Gazza’s behaviour got worse. “When he came home from the clinic he was all right,” she recalls.

“But then one day he went, ‘Oi, you f***ing ignorant woman!’ “I went, ‘Who do you think you’re talking to like that? I will NOT be spoken to like that!’

“Then he was saying to Mason, ‘Don’t bother ringing me because I’m going to be f***ing bladdered by the time I get to London.’ I said, ‘It’s all blackmail. He knows he’s got you.’ ”

After just 12 days Gazza fled and was spotted with his infamous drinking pal Jimmy “Five Bellies” Gardner in London. It was clear he was back on booze.

Then he hit the road across Europe with heavy metal rock band Iron Maiden on a string of benders. By September he was headline news again, drunk and out of it at a hotel in the Portuguese resort of Vale do Lobo.

It was there that Sheryl and the children flew to give him his last warning—and where they finally showed him the red card.

WRECK: Gazza's fall from grace

By October, still in Portugal and drinking heavily, Gazza fell for a Sheryl lookalike, 44-year-old photographer Sally Mulholland, and moved in with her. But Sheryl is convinced nothing can now save him.

She breaks down on seeing the video of their lavish 1996 wedding and admits she married Paul in a vain attempt to halt the physical abuse that plagued their relationship.

“He said it would be the one thing that made him stop,” she says. “I wanted to believe him, that it wouldn’t happen again. I just needed to stop the violence.”

When told that some people would say Gazza is STILL abusing her, Sheryl agrees: “Yeah, he is in a way. But if it’s not my responsibility to help him whose is it? I still have to live with myself. I still have to sleep at night.”

Is there a chance Gazza will ever sort himself out? “I doubt it,” she admits reluctantly.

“I don’t know what it would take because he’s had all the health scares, he’s had the mess, he’s had the family back that he supposedly so wanted.

“He’s been given everything. . . and he’s still doing it.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moment we said it was all over

HOW IT WAS: In 1993

SHERYL and her three children finally walked out on Gazza after an abusive four-letter confrontation in his Portuguese hotel room.

The family flew to the Algarve in September with controversial American ‘intervention therapist’ Tracey Towner to give Paul one more chance to turn his life around.

Earlier, in an intense session with Towner filmed by Channel 4, long-suffering Sheryl had decided it was at last time to GIVE UP on her ex.

The therapist asked: “If you have your ultimate fantasy what is it you want?”

Sheryl answered: “To shut the door. No one said to me before it’s OK if you don’t help him.”

She then told the kids—Regan, 12, Mason, 19, and Bianca, 22: “I’ve decided that’s it with Dad now. I’m not helping him any more. He’s got to do it himself.”

Nevertheless she agreed to go with them—and the TV documentary crew—to the resort of Vale do Lobo for one final showdown with Gazza.

Tears

And the film shows how, when the meeting goes pear-shaped, they all march out and Sheryl tells the cameras: “We’ve done it now.

“Mason can’t even speak. Regan and Bianca just did it through tears. It was really hard and Paul was really confrontational, especially to Mason.

“He went, ‘Just f*** off the lot of ya!’ Then I said, ‘Right, let’s go everyone!’ But I didn’t want to go down the lift, I just knew we had to keep walking away.

“Then all the time he was going, ‘Sheryl!’ And Tracey went, ‘Keep walking! Keep going!’

“But Paul was so nasty. It was no shock that he was. He’s in a mess. He really looks terrible. . . wild, skinny, really gaunt. It’s horrible.

“Can you believe it though? We’ve actually done it, we’ve actually done it.”

Sadly Sheryl adds: “I hate the fact that for Mason now, the last time he’s got to see his dad the man was confrontational to him. That’s horrible.

“We’ve done everything and now it’s down to him. You can’t be dragged down with it any more.

“That’s how he’s had us until now, always worried he’s going to do something, always worried he’s going to kill himself.“

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mason: Day he stopped talking to me I fell apart

LOYAL: Stepson Mason

DESPITE all that’s happened Gazza's devastated stepson Mason refuses to say a bad word about the disgraced soccer legend.

The 19-year-old still longs for a proper relationship with Paul—the man he knew as Dad from the age of one—and recalls with desolation how Gazza completely cut HIM off for FOUR YEARS.

It came during the breakdown of Gazza’s marriage to Sheryl when Mason and sister Bianca spoke out about the abuse inflicted on their mum.

“That four years haunted me,” says Mason. “From the day he stopped talking to me I completely fell apart.

“I don't go to sleep until four or five o'clock thinking that's normally the time he calls. I'm a heavy sleeper and I think if I sleep I'll miss his phone call.”

Mason says he has been so scared of his stepdad dying that it prevented him from getting a job.

“I think the next time I see him he's going to be in a box," adds Mason.

“Months go past where you're still sitting thinking the same things and you haven't got on with your life.”

But then the lad leaps to Gazza’s defence and says: “It's my choice to sit and worry about it. He’d probably say, 'You don't have to, get on with your life.'

“But it's not easy when your dad is heading down death row.”

Contact

Mason now fears Gazza will now blank him for ever after challenging him to clean up his act.

“I pray he keeps in contact,” says the loyal stepson, who has now found a job as an estate agent.

“My whole ambition is not to cancel him out of my life. And I've just had to do that. But the whole point of my life is to do the best for him—and maybe this IS the best for him.

“I know for a fact now I've done all I can do. It's my turn now to sort myself out.

“He's going to call one day. If he does I'll answer. But I'm not going to sit here waiting.

"I'm moving on, not moving on forgetting about him, but moving on with my own life."

He's off to VIP rehab

TORMENTED Paul Gascoigne has signed up for an intensive four-weeks of do-or-die rehab in a last-ditch effort to beat his drink and drug addictions and dodge an early grave.

From January 12 experts at the specialist Sporting Chance Clinic—in the grounds of Champneys Forest Mere health farm in Liphook, Hampshire—will put a detoxed Gazza through gruelling 14-hour days of therapy, yoga, physical training and swimming.

The clinic is the brainchild of ex-Arsenal and England hero Tony Adams, who has vowed to help Gazza conquer his demons just as he beat his own infamous booze habit.

Sporting Chance chief executive Peter Kay said last night: “Paul knows his life is in great danger. He was at rock bottom when he called me and asked for help.

"He doesn’t want to carry on living this way and is sick and tired of it. I’ve waited six years for that phone call. But it’s going to be very tough for him.”

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

oooooh well....at least you made some money selling your 'heart rending story' Sheryl pet!

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Resurrection Joe wrote:
oooooh well....at least you made some money selling your 'heart rending story' Sheryl pet!

Bit unfair, RJ, the same could be said of Gazza!

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:58 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

red_sagem wrote:
Resurrection Joe wrote:

why....... did he get back with his troubled partner for a month over the Summer, then whore his story across the NotW and 'sell' an exclusive documentary to Channel 4, revealing intimate personal secrets, pretending it was for their own good too?

.....Alex Best, she was another saint..... went on I'm A Celebrity, cashed in on the fact she was married to a celebrity, then proceeded to slag said celebrity off

Let me guess, is Sheryl donating every penny of the fee she and her family receive, to a charity to help the families of drug & drink addicts....?!?!?!

.......nah she'll be buying a convertible and getting her hair done

.......she's not a sainted martyr, she's a money grabbing gold digger, with no discernable talent, who's spotted an opportunity to capitalise on someone else's suffering..... let me guess, the money will help her family, by allowing them to live in the manner they've become accustomed

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Resurrection Joe wrote:
red_sagem wrote:
Resurrection Joe wrote:

why....... did he get back with his troubled partner for a month over the Summer, then whore his story across the NotW and 'sell' an exclusive documentary to Channel 4, revealing intimate personal secrets, pretending it was for their own good too?

.....Alex Best, she was another saint..... went on I'm A Celebrity, cashed in on the fact she was married to a celebrity, then proceeded to slag said celebrity off

Let me guess, is Sheryl donating every penny of the fee she and her family receive, to a charity to help the families of drug & drink addicts....?!?!?!

.......nah she'll be buying a convertible and getting her hair done

.......she's not a sainted martyr, she's a money grabbing gold digger, with no discernable talent, who's spotted an opportunity to capitalise on someone else's suffering..... let me guess, the money will help her family, by allowing them to live in the manner they've become accustomed

Don't s'pose there's a chance that she really did want to help him even tho he used to beat her up and is generally a complete mess up? Right, it's the usual thing then.................the woman's the gold-digger!! :doh:

Quote:
Conscience says:
You did the right thing

Post subject: Re: Gazza
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:08 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

His step daughter Bianca isn't much better either uses her step dads name to make her semi famous then spends her entire life slagging him off. Gazza is no saint but if you don't like him don't keep his name she wasn't born Bianca Gascoigne.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next