AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whats with all the racist allegations!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:37 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The Football Association chairman, Greg Dyke, expects to see some form of the Rooney Rule introduced in English football to help boost the number of black and ethnic minority managers and coaches. The rule, which was established in the United States in 2003 and requires NFL teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching positions, has been widely hailed as a successful model.

There have been many calls for it to be introduced in England to try to address the persistent lack of black and ethnic minority managers in the Football League. Currently only three of the 92 league clubs in England have black managers, while the numbers are similarly stark among top-level coaches.

Speaking at a lecture addressing the issue of discrimination in football and the media at the University of Manchester, Dyke said: “The FA inclusion advisory board is looking at it and it might be a good way forward. But the last thing we want is for it to end up as tokenism.

“Everybody’s got to agree. I think there will probably be the equivalent of the Rooney rule, then we’ve got to say, ‘Are we seeing change?’ The people running football all recognise there’s a problem and that was probably not where they were two years ago.”

Dyke stressed the FA cannot force clubs to adopt rules or appoint candidates but believes a combination of “talent and pressure” will see the situation change.

Earlier this month it was announced the Premier League will fund an initiative that every year will see six of 23 coach apprentice places reserved for coaches from minority backgrounds. One proposal from Dyke’s Chairman’s Commission was radical reform of coach education and he believes increasing the numbers going through programmes will have an effect at the top.

Dyke hopes in five years’ time between 50 and 100 of the top-level coaches in England will be black or ethnic minority. He said: “We know there’s a need, we know there’s a supply, we just have to make sure we act to facilitate that supply.

“I think we will succeed. The issue is now in the public arena. Over time it will change, probably not at the speed some people want it to. Football has been through the first stage of dealing with this problem by getting rid of overt racism. Now we’re in the institutional phase where we know there’s a problem and we have got to find the solutions.”

Dyke’s mantra is action rather than talk, with the former director general of the BBC saying: “It’s easy to come up with supportive words that change nothing. Earlier this week I received a text from a senior figure in football urging me to bring leaders in football together and talk about this issue.

“I said I would only do it if we also commission someone to research the area and draw up a plan for change. The last thing we want is a bunch of people talking and nothing happens.”

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Have you honestly got a “BALOTELLI RACE STORM” left in you? If you have, you must be a stronger man than me. Some of you might even be actual men, come to that – but let’s not get distracted.

First, a recap. On Monday evening, Mario Balotelli reposted on Instagram a picture of Super Mario, the video game character. “Don’t be racist,” this exhorted cheerily. “Be like Mario. He’s an Italian plumber, created by Japanese people, who speaks English and looks like a Mexican, jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew.”

Oh dear. And yuck. Following a few customarily gentle prods of Twitter’s pitchfork, Balotelli declared “my mom’s Jewish”, and quickly removed the image. Within hours, he was offering a fuller apology. “The post was meant to be anti-racist with humour,” this ran. “I now understand that out of context it may have the opposite effect … I used a cartoon done by somebody else because it has Super Mario and I thought it was funny and not offensive. Again, I’m sorry.”

Inevitably, none of this has been enough to head off the opening of one of those always promising Football Association investigations. Quite when that state-of-the-art probe will report back is unclear. The form book suggests not to wait in for it. For an organisation whose business is football, the FA seems to kick an extraordinary amount of things into the long grass. It’s becoming almost a physics conundrum: is the FA’s long grass so crowded that it is almost full, or is it a place of infinite space, that defies earthly laws?

Either way, Balotelli is under fire from various quarters – a situation which, among other things, serves as a reminder of how much better we are at censuring young black men for racism than we are at getting around to doing anything about the institutional racism of the systems within which they live their lives.

Still, the limits of free speech are becoming quite a revenue-gathering scheme for the FA, which two months ago was reported to have collected £350,000 in Twitter fines since 2011. Yet even the charge of “bringing the game into disrepute” feels ludicrously over-emotional. Surely bigoted statements bring those individuals who make them into disrepute? Football is probably going to survive.

And one has to ask: how long, realistically, do they think they can keep a lid on this stuff? Call me the sort of crazy person who thinks the war on drugs isn’t working, but instinct suggests that at some point in their reign of absolute power over the interwebs, the FA is going to have to admit the game is up. It has never exactly seemed the most with-it organisation – I imagine, for instance, that there are a good proportion of bigwigs whose secretaries print out their emails for them. Whenever one of these things blows up, you can’t really escape the sense that many of them would actually like the internet turned off.

Keeping order among the underlings would be so much easier, after all, without this wretched way for supporters to find out what players are really thinking, warts and all. Fans are simply too delicate or volatile to be exposed to the unfiltered thoughts of the athletes they watch and need to be protected from candour by those who know best.

Or rather, they don’t. Football needs a new internet policy. And while I wouldn’t wish to pre-empt any five-year FA Commission into what that policy should be, I would err on the side of letting players say what they like and leaving it to other, existing authorities to decide whether or not it requires formal censure or intervention.

Fining players for speaking their own minds – however unpleasant or stupid those minds may on occasion be – feels, at best, like a 1.0 solution to a 2.0 issue. At worst, it feels like the shut-up-and-play ethos that attempts to deny athletes a voice, perhaps rooted in fear of what that voice can (and has) achieved in terms of social change.

It is hard not to bear the latter in mind in the week when some of the St Louis Rams are being attacked for coming on to the field for Sunday’s NFL game making the “hands up, don’t shoot gesture” that became a symbol of protests in Ferguson. If you missed the St Louis Police Officers’ Association’s response to this, it really is something to behold. Its lowlights are too numerous to reproduce in full here, but include the claim that “the nation” found the gesture “tasteless, offensive and inflammatory”. It sneered at the idea the players were “simply exercising their First Amendments rights”, demanded the NFL come down like a ton of bricks on them, and pointed out that “it’s not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertisers’ products – it’s cops and the good people of St Louis”. (Come come officer, just say it! Just say “black people don’t pay your wages”).

Like I say, a tricky week for discussions about race in sport. Who knows, maybe society will benefit if some blazered old white guys tell Balotelli he’s racist and antisemitic. But I increasingly lack the remotest confidence that this sort of thing is a matter for the so-called football authorities, what with it being nothing to do with football, and their having so very little authority.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:02 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Football's authorities are committed to tackling diversity in the game for the "first time", says Football Association board member Heather Rabbatts.

There are currently five non-white managers in England's top four leagues.

"For the first time we have a focused commitment from everybody in the game," said Rabbatts on tackling diversity.

"We all know we have a distance to go but I believe that it's absolutely a sign of the commitment that everybody recognises that things have to change."

The number of black and minority ethnic (BME) managers contrasts starkly with the diversity seen among players, where more than 25% are black.

Professional Footballers' Association chairman Gordon Taylor has previously described a "hidden resistance" to the appointment of black coaches in the professional game.

Taylor criticised Football League chairman Greg Clarke for failing to fulfil a "promise" to discuss the 'Rooney Rule', which is used in American football, at the organisation's AGM in 2013.

The Rooney Rule requires NFL teams to interview at least one black or ethnic minority candidate for head coaching and senior football operation opportunities that become available, as part of a transparent and open recruitment process.

But Rabbatts now believes there is a will from the "the leagues, the clubs, the PFA, the managers' association and the FA to say that we, by our collective efforts, can change the dial in terms of inclusion and challenging discrimination".

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, she added: "We have so much diversity on the field of play and that demonstrates the lack of that diversity elsewhere in the game.

"There is a scheme that the Premier League has now introduced which will give bursaries and support to develop black coaches.

"We at the FA are doing something similar."

I'd want a tweek to the Rooney Rule nothing to do with colour but how about a British manager has to be interviewed for every coaching/managerial position that comes up in the Premier/Football League?

For me the lack of Black British coaches/managers is that they face the same barriers white/asian coaches face and that is without a proven track record clubs aren't going to be interested in talking to you.

Ex players get a bit of a pass that gets them a foot in the door but how many of them have done the badges and been turned away? Some managers have had chances, done badly then got sacked that's the same for everyone regardless of colour others have done good jobs at a club and kept themselves on the merry go round like Chris Houghton & Chris Powell.

These players who keep saying the doors are closed to them need to come out and talk and say here's all the jobs i've applied for, here's my CV why can't I get an interview?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:42 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Former AC Milan and Italy coach Arrigo Sacchi has denied he is racist after claiming Italy's youth set-up features "too many blacks".

Sacchi, 68, criticised the number of "foreigners" in the lower leagues at an awards ceremony.

According to Italian media reports, Sacchi said: "In our youth sector there are too many blacks."

He later clarified: "I just wanted to underline the fact that we're losing our national pride and identity."

Sacchi attended the Viareggio Tournament this month, which is regarded as the most prestigious youth tournament in Italy.

He is reported as saying at Maestrelli awards ceremony in Tuscany on Monday: "I'm not racist and my history as a coach shows that, but watching at the Viareggio Cup makes me think there are too many coloured players.

"Business interests now come first. Italy has no dignity, it has no pride: you shouldn't have squads including 15 foreigners."

Sacchi, who won back-to-back European Cups with Milan in 1989 and 1990 with a team featuring Dutch attacking trio Frank Rijkaard, Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten.

When asked to clarify his comments by La Gazzetta dello Sport later on Monday night, Sacchi said: "I have been misrepresented, do you really think I'm racist?

"I was just saying that I'd watched a match in which there was a team that included four coloured boys. My history speaks for itself, I've always trained teams with diverse coloured players and they won a lot, both at Milan and in Madrid.

Sacchi was Italy coach when they were World Cup runners-up in 1994. His last role in the game came as director of football at Real Madrid 10 years ago.

In October, the president of the Italian football federation, Carlo Tavecchio, was banned for six months by Uefa for making racist remarks.

The 71-year-old apologised after referring to "banana eaters" when discussing foreign players during his election campaign in July.

Inter Milan were fined 50,000 euros in February 2013 after their fans were found guilty of racially abusing former Inter striker Mario Balotelli in a derby against AC Milan.

Two months later, AC Milan's Kevin-Prince Boateng walked off the pitch against Italian team Pro Patria after he was racially abused by their fans.

I don't think he was trying to be racist he was more pointing to the number of foreign players at youth level in a tournament but the language he used to describe it belongs in the past. Identifying them because of their skin colour rather than nationality is where he's made the mistake as skin colour doesn't have anything to do with your nationality

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:43 pm 
Major General
Major General

He aint no Saint :angelnot:

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|
on Rooney ,Jan 16th, ..and as they rest is history

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:46 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
http://www.theguardian.com/football/vid ... are_btn_tw

"We're racist we're racist and that the way we like it"

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 am 
Major General
Major General

PLastic club plastic legend plastic fans .. They should be sent to jail ..

So true mate ...he is consistently inconsistent throughout his united career ..but what if he turns consistent ..he will get around 40 goals...ATM im waiting for that time as his age is 24/25 :wait: ... :|

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:34 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Chelsea have a history with this sort of stuff they've always had a very nasty far right section of their fanbase which sadly has never fully been left in the past.

The club have gone strong on the whole thing and rightly so I hope they name and shame anyone who gets identified and gives them a life ban from Stamford Bridge as it's shocking behaviour.

Going to footballl does not give you the right to act like a d*ckhead and the people who have been going on to radio phone ins trying to defend it need their heads checked.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:23 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
When your club captain is John Terry..........

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:32 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Police are investigating racist chanting at St Pancras station by men thought to be Chelsea fans returning from a Champions League match in Paris.

It comes after an incident of alleged racism by Chelsea supporters on the Paris Metro, when footage showed a black man being pushed from a train.

The chanting in London happened on Wednesday evening, the day after the club's 1-1 draw with Paris St-Germain.

British Transport Police say anyone with information should contact them.

Chelsea has already barred five fans from attending Stamford Bridge following the earlier incident.

It took place at Richelieu-Drouot station in the centre of the French capital on Tuesday ahead of the club's 1-1 draw with Paris St-Germain.

Manager Jose Mourinho has said he was "ashamed" by the alleged racism.

The Metropolitan Police has released CCTV images of three men they are looking for in connection with Tuesday's incident.

Superintendent Gill Murray of the BTP said of the new allegations: "The racist chanting was reported by a member of the public who was disgusted by the behaviour of the men who had travelled on the 18:40 service from Paris Gare du Nord.

"The men shouted as they walked through the station having alighted from the train a short time earlier.

"If you travelled on the train from Paris or were at the station and have information which can assist our investigation I would urge you to get in touch as a matter of urgency."

She said more needed to be done to "publicly condemn" such behaviour, adding that BTP is working with football clubs to tackle the issue.

"It's clear that unfortunately there is still a minority who think it is acceptable to behave in such an abhorrent manner," added Supt Murray.

'Humiliation'

The alleged victim of the Metro incident, who has since been identified as 33-year-old Souleymane S, said the fans "should be locked up".

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live's Drive on Friday he said: "I felt truly wounded to the bottom of my heart that I really couldn't believe it.

"We're in 2015, aren't we, and we're in France. We're in a civilised country and when you are in a civilised country there are certain things you can't do.

"For me, it's a humiliation. I was humiliated in my country. I was humiliated in front of my family, humiliated in front of my mother and father."

A group of people can be heard singing "we're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it" in an amateur video taken at the Paris Metro.

Chelsea has said it will ban the five suspended fans from attending Stamford Bridge for life if there is sufficient evidence of their involvement in that incident.

A club spokesman said they were writing to Souleymane to "apologise unreservedly" and invite him to attend a game as their guest.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:20 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
QPR defender Rio Ferdinand says the incident in which Chelsea fans stopped a black man boarding a Paris train shows football cannot be complacent about tackling racism.

Chelsea have banned five fans over the incident before their Champions League game at Paris St-Germain.

"We've started to think 'football has cured it' and put the whole issue on the back-burner," the former England captain told The Sun on Sunday.

"It is a rude awakening for the game."

The former West Ham, Leeds United and Manchester United defender, 36, admitted that he had "been guilty of complacency" himself.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said he was "ashamed" by the conduct of the club's fans in the French capital.

Amateur video showed a man being pushed from a train at the Metro station while a group chants, "we're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it".

"It is a rude awakening for the whole game and now it's essential that there has to be a continual effort," said Ferdinand, who is a member of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission looking at how to improve English football.

European football's governing body, Uefa, and Fifa, the sport's world governing body, have initiatives set up to tackle racism but Ferdinand believes they should do more.

"To be fair to the FA, they have done more than most to try to eradicate racism from the stands," he said. "But the game as a whole has to take a zero-tolerance approach.

"For years it's been clear that Fifa and Uefa have shied away from doing what they needed to do.

"They have let football down, time and time again."

Professional Footballers' Association trustee Brendon Batson has called for assault charges to be brought against the Chelsea fans involved in the incident in Paris.

"This guy on the Paris Metro was assaulted, he was pushed violently a couple of times, and I think if there are any criminal laws to be enforced then that should be done as well," Batson told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme.

"I was very shocked when I saw the pictures and extremely upset, not just for the individual concerned but for football in general because I thought those days were long gone.

"Within stadiums, they just don't have a voice, these people - I wouldn't even call them supporters - but it manifests itself in what we saw in those pictures from Paris.

"I think there's a totally different behaviour [when fans go abroad] because they know they can't get away with it over here, that's for sure."

I'm sick and tired of hearing how this is footballs problem it's a problem in society that leaks in to football as fans of clubs come from all sorts of backgrounds. This isn't just localised at football you hear things at any sporting arena because guess what a sporting venue is a melting pot of all people from this country and further abroad. You only have to look at the increased support for a party like UKIP to see that these sort of views are well supported in this country but that's a different store immagrants have a history of being blamed for everything in times of recession even though the recession was caused by a largely white middle/class group of bankers who's greed led to the collapse of financial markets in 2008.

All football can do is identify those in the minority who are being racist and ban them from coming which by and large is what happens the problem is they need the evidence to prove it and that is part of the problem. It takes a brave man to speak up against the mob in a football game and they've shown in the past that stewards turn a blind eye to it as well as lets face it they are often heavily outnumbered and they're not really trained to deal with the situation if it does kick off.

The incident in Paris was horrible and Chelsea have rightly been strong on it but it's also up to the foreign office to track these men down and make sure that they face criminal punishment for what they did because it's not acceptable to behave like that at home or abroad the behaviour was disgusting and fortunately it's largely something from our past. I go to a lot of football matches and I think I've only ever heard one racist chant and one racist comment aimed at Luton fans by a Northampton fan it was years ago and I didn't really think much of it at the time Luton for those who don't know have a large Asian community.

Chelsea have a big problem though as while they're prepared to ban these men for racism their current club captain is about to be given a new 1 year contract despite the fact that he racially abused someone (based on an FA charge) on the football pitch. He faced no punishment from the club he wasn't fined by the club, stripped of the captaincy, suspended from work or at the most extreme end sacked they stood behind him because he's a valuable asset to them. These fans are no doubt long time fans from Chelsea's past (they've always had this far right element to their support) but the club will not stand by them and support them they're hanging them out to dry but the club captain remains in place and unchallenged.

Football imo in this country does a hell of a lot to challenge racism we have players from all over the world who are heros to fans if you're good enough it doesn't matter where you come from or what you believe in it is an industry judged purely on talent. There are issues in management because black managers aren't always given opportunities but that could be said for a lot of white English managers who've had to fight from the bottom to get a chance. I don't think owners discriminate against a black manager because of his skin colour it's more likely that they rule him out because he doesn't have a proven track record if a black manager took a team up the divisions playing brilliant football he'd be given the chance just like anyone else would. I could be completely wrong in that way of thinking but I genuinely believe that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:45 am 
Major General
Major General

Its very hard to read long post on mob .. :coat:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:14 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
A former policeman and Chelsea fan accused of being involved in an alleged incident on the Paris Metro has apologised.

Richard Barklie, who was one of three men police sought after a black man was allegedly pushed off a train by chanting football supporters, has insisted he is not a racist.

Video posted online showed commuter Souleymane Sylla being forced back onto the platform as some of those on the train chanted "we're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it".

Barklie, 50, who was a member of the Royal Ulster Constabulary and a Police Service of Northern Ireland officer, is currently a director of the World Human Rights Forum.

The Chelsea season-ticket holder issued a statement through his solicitor in which he admitted being involved in an "incident" that resulted in Mr Sylla being "unable to enter part of the train".

In the statement, his solicitor Kevin Winters said: "Pending formal engagement with police, our client is anxious to put on record his total abhorrence for racism and any activity associated with it.

"As someone who has spent years working with disadvantaged communities in Africa and India he can point to a CV in human rights work, which undermines any suggestion he is racist.

"Today a senior official in the World Human Rights Forum confirmed their support for him. He did not participate in racist chanting and singing and condemns any behaviour supporting that."

Barklie insisted he had travelled to matches for more than 20 years with no problems and has "an account to give to police which will explain the context and circumstances" of this incident.

"In the meantime pending that, he wants to put on record his sincerest apologies for the trauma and stress suffered by Mr Souleymane."

The WAVE Trauma Centre, which supports victims of the Northern Ireland Troubles, said it had suspended a part-time worker pending further investigation into the Paris incident.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the other two men in the photo have been identified and the force is working with the French authorities.

None of the men sought by Scotland Yard have been arrested.

Five people have so far been suspended from Chelsea's Stamford Bridge ground following investigations into the incident.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho expressed his shame over the weekend regarding last week's incident in the French capital.

He told Goals on Sunday: "When I use the word ashamed of, I repeat should I, should I be ashamed of what two or three people did? Are these people representing my club? Is Chelsea this? Not at all. Because of that we feel very sorry to be connected with these people."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Feyenoord's Europa League match against visitors Roma was suspended for more than 10 minutes after an inflatable banana was thrown towards the pitch.

Several objects landed close to Roma's Ivory Coast striker Gervinho, who went on to score the winner in a 2-1 victory as the Italians progressed to the last 16 3-2 on aggregate.

"It was right to suspend play," said Roma coach Rudi Garcia.

"We could have opened a shop with all the objects thrown from the stands."

Gervinho later tweeted: "The most important is that @OfficialASRoma is qualified, the rest ... #Forzaroma #FeyenoordROMA"

Both teams left the pitch in the 55th minute, after Feyenoord's Mitchell te Vrede was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Kostas Manolas.

Rotterdam police had detained 17 locals and one Italian before the game.

City mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb drafted an emergency order that police could invoke if hooligans begin rioting, giving police enhanced powers to detain fans and eject them from the city.

Feyenoord fans rioted in Rome before the round-of-32 first leg last week, clashing with police and damaging buildings.

In August 2014, Uefa ordered Feyenoord to close a section of their stadium for a European game and pay a €45,000 fine after their Champions League match against Besiktas

I'm sure UEFA has a increased punishment policy now they've had a fine that hasn't stopped it so next step us surely close the ground for x number of games then it should be a ban.

They've got to be tough on this stuff consistently to try and stamp it out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

Banned those supporters for life time and put them under criminal law .. Heavy punishments for clubs and disqualification from competition ..
So far current fines doesnt make them look serious enough to eradicate Racism ..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:18 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
Banned those supporters for life time and put them under criminal law .. Heavy punishments for clubs and disqualification from competition ..
So far current fines doesnt make them look serious enough to eradicate Racism ..

I agree the fans who are caught should get life bans but clubs can't be expected to profile every person coming in to a stadium.

I think a fine for a first offence is sufficient but if things don't change the punishments have to increase heavily.

It's not down to football clubs to eradicate racism though pak it's goverment/societies responsibility all the clubs can do is put out a clear message to fans not to bring it in to their stadiums as the club does not promote that message. They can take away banners etc but it's almost impossible for them to silence a group of people who want to say/chant certain things all they can do is punish them once they're caught.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:11 am 
Major General
Major General

I know its difficult to keep profiling every individual sp with season tickets being exchanged more than often but with technology so advanced and big money flowing into club all it needs is a sincere and dictating effort from governing bodies.

I don't think its govt responsibility to eliminate/minimize racism, it is responsibility of each and every individual and the ones with more resourceful higher the accountability.

The club earn millions why can't they implement technology to block the mischievous at the front.

Every set of fans have those spoilers , its not limited to any club or country. Even there maybe some found in united too.

All it requires is sincere serious effort and dictator style to stamp it out.Its difficult to completely eliminate racism but tough measures can definitely minimize it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:11 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

pakrooney wrote:
I know its difficult to keep profiling every individual sp with season tickets being exchanged more than often but with technology so advanced and big money flowing into club all it needs is a sincere and dictating effort from governing bodies.

I don't think its govt responsibility to eliminate/minimize racism, it is responsibility of each and every individual and the ones with more resourceful higher the accountability.

The club earn millions why can't they implement technology to block the mischievous at the front.

Every set of fans have those spoilers , its not limited to any club or country. Even there maybe some found in united too.

All it requires is sincere serious effort and dictator style to stamp it out.Its difficult to completely eliminate racism but tough measures can definitely minimize it.

The problem is Pak is going into the stadium if I've picked up a ticket second hand the club have no idea who I am most clubs have good enough CCTV now where they can provide close up images of everyone in the ground so if they catch you chanting they can look up your seat number and ban the person who owned the ticket at it's original source. This is generally what happens the issue in England a lot of the time is people don't report it when it is happening around them and even more worryingly when it does get reported a lot of clubs ignore it as they don't want to draw attention to a racism problem within their ground.

It's vital that the public keep reporting it and making sure that the people with these sort of views are taken to task but it's very hard to get a conviction for chanting something at a football ground. I also thing with Chelsea they not only have a history with the far right political elemen of their fans but the whole John Terry thing plus this us against the FA thing that Mourinho is fuelling I think maybe has given some people the feeling that they can stick their head above the parapet again.

There is a wider issue here in the UK there is currently a growing group of people who are anti immigration and this has led to the rise of a political party called UKIP. A lot of white UK people are feeling a bit like they're being left behind as the government is making cuts to public spending to reduce our countries deficit and the media seem to want to pin this all on immigrants (rather than the rich upper class toff bankers who dodge tax and caused the financial collapse with their reckcless greed to line their own pockets). This is not a view I personally support but the government/media seem happy to spin it that way probably because it attacks the vulnerable who don't have a vote/voice. Far Right popularity has always spiked following a recession and it seems like that's happening again and that is probably why we're seeing it crop up again at football.

All football can do is make sure that when it does come up they take a tough stand on it and ban the people from the grounds and if they can push for criminal charges

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:46 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
Figures revealed to Sky Sports News HQ show a 35 per cent increase in cases reported to football's anti-discrimination campaigners Kick It Out - with the professional game most affected.

Cases of discrimination have leapt from 136 to 184, most of which are race related or relate to faith.

There has been a 65 per cent increase in incidents reported within the professional game - the Premier League, the Championship, League One and League Two - climbing from 43 to 71. This means that Kick It Out have received just four fewer incidents reported than the entire 2013-14 season.

The statistics cover the first half of the season - August 2014 until 28 December 2014 - and have been compared to the first half of the 2013-14 campaign. The percentage increase is expected to jump even higher for the entire season, with recent high-profile cases, such as the Chelsea fans on the Metro train in Paris who prevented a black man boarding the carriage, not currently included.

Kick It Out believe the increase is down, in part, to victims feeling more confident about reporting cases and their own app means people can come forward anonymously.

Kick It Out Chairman Lord Ouseley told Sky Sports News HQ: "We’re lucky that people are using their phones to capture incidents as they occur and make them known to the wider public, to Kick It Out. And we’re able to see that these things are happening. They reality is that they have always been happening but football is making progress".

The report also shows there have already been 13 reports of sexism compared to just two incidents for the whole of last season. The level of grassroots reporting, however, has matched the amount at the midway point of last season with 34 incidents.

Kick It Out has helped launch Shapla Football Club in Bradford by running a community event with the aim of increasing Asian participation in football and tackling discrimination.

Abul Quasim - the other co-founder of Shapla FC - told Sky Sports News HQ he experienced racism in the lower leagues:

He said: "When I played in local Saturday and Sunday League football, yes, it could be an issue, there were times I faced discrimination and it could be quite rough. I’ve seen the bad side of things where people have been in fights and off the football field fighting going on after the game and it was daunting when I was younger."

Out of 63 cases closed across professional and grassroots football, 18 have been proven.

Kick It Out has received 73 incident reports related to social media, with 21 cases leading to action being taken.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:29 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Quote:
The black man denied access to a Paris Metro train by Chelsea supporters has hit out at an invitation for him to attend a match at Stamford Bridge claiming he can’t be bought “with a little piece of paper.”

Last month, the man named as Souleymane S, was pushed back by a group of Chelsea fans chanting "We're racist and that's the way we like it" as he tried to board a train at Richelieu-Drouot station.

The father of three was invited to Wednesday’s Champions League round of 16 second leg between Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain by manager Jose Mourinho. Some Chelsea fans had even started a fund to raise money to pay for Souleymane to visit London.

A fortnight ago, Souleymane’s lawyer Jim Michel-Gabriel confirmed the 33-year-old would not be attending the game claiming “it was too early for him to watch a match.”

And speaking to French radio station RTL, Souleymane said he had no desire to be amongst Chelsea supporters at a game, adding he is still suffering from sleepless nights following the incident.

"I won't go. They can't buy me with a little piece of paper. I'm not a child," Souleymane said. "I don't want to sit in that stadium next to those people who pushed me.

"I still hear the voices of those people who pushed me because of the colour of my skin. I can't go to work anymore. I live with racism but it's the first time I've had to go to a doctor to ask for pills to calm myself down."

Souleymane lost his mobile phone during the incident and both the London and Paris police have launched investigations.

If the matter is brought to trial, those involved could face a three-year prison sentence and 45,000 euros fine.

Chelsea, who issued an unreserved apology to Souleymane, have also said the club could ban supporters involved in the incident for life.

Sounds to me like he's been preparing for some sort of legal action.

Chelsea didn't have to do anything and if he doesn't want to take up the offer then fair enough that's his right.

Not sure who he'd even be able to take any action against as Chelsea can't be held responsible for what a couple of kn*bheads do on a metro in Paris

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next