AwayGoalsRule Football Forum

The Internet's Finest Football Forum

Get moneyback specials on your football betting at PaddyPower

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Whats with all the racist allegations!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Strange that there have been 3 allegations in the space of a week with suarez, terry and fabregas at the centre of them! Kanoute doesn't mess around though does he? cant believe what he does to Fabregas here... http://www.theplayersnet.com/racism-all ... ute-video/
Good that kanoute has come out and said there weren't any racist remarks though!
What are your thoughts on the 3 incidents???

I couldn't settle in Italy – it was like living in a foreign country
- Ian Rush,

I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat – Ron Atkinson

jc - here for the livescores and premier league players

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Whats with all the racist allegations!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

In any event, racist comments are despicable and deserve the toughest of sanctions. However, it's because they are so serious - and a lot of people think "no smoke without fire" still stands.

One has to be 100% sure as the allegations can be so damning to the accused. I don't know if any of the accusers have cast-iron back up witnesses. If they haven't, and they're still adamant that something was said / gestured, it's extremely difficult to pin a charge on someone.

You have to feel for someone who genuinely feels they have been victimised but without witnesses, what will come of it?

Conversely, if they ARE found guilty, it would be interesting to see what degree of punishment would be handed out, bearing in mind they've been passing around the "Kick Racism Out Of Football" thing since God was a lad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 3
the issue is finding an impartial corroborating witness i.e. an official.... if they did, we'd get a crucifixion

ImageImage
Quote:
Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It really would be interesting to see what would happen to anyone found guilty...in my head I imagine a huge ban for whoever it is, and if it was a foreigner who was found guilty I imagine loads of people phoning up talksport saying "send him back to where he came from" without irony.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:35 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't see the point in racism, especially since we are all the same race "human".

If there's evidence like the Terry incident then book 'em, however if not then for all we know it could just be somebody playing the "race card" to save face/avoid a ban, which I'm fairly certain happens regularly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 am 
General
General

Highscores: 2
borocooper wrote:
It really would be interesting to see what would happen to anyone found guilty...in my head I imagine a huge ban for whoever it is, and if it was a foreigner who was found guilty I imagine loads of people phoning up talksport saying "send him back to where he came from" without irony.

Spot on - yes they will and without any irony at all. :snigger:

And interesting indeed. I just hope there's witnesses or cameras pointing that show exactly what really happened... racism is despicable in any form and the offenders need very, very harsh treatment, say a season long ban... that'll act as a great deterrent. Trouble is I don't think there's much you can do to prove it if the racist is sneaky about covering his lips or saying it while nobody else is near enough to hear etc. It's one man's word against another, and as we all know they won't act on that. Another problem is that given the amount of cheating and simulation the modern players get up to, how do you trust them not to make this stuff up just to disgrace an opponent.

Toast and Bananas wrote:
I don't see the point in racism, especially since we are all the same race "human".

Exactly. :thumbup:

It's just another 'trick' in the nasty modern footballer's repertoire these days and needs to be extinguished. Maybe they'll have the players wearing microphones to back up allegations if it carries on, they're certainly small enough now and could be used as evidence. Shame on them that it's come to that though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
are the FA even looking onto Terry?

It's obvious to everyone what he said, interesting to see what happens to the England armband again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:31 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

QPR are reviewing the evidence before deciding if they will make a complaint to the FA today.

The police have said they are looking into the matter as well.

For me it possibly warrants a life time ban as it's just not acceptable I don't care who you are it's a serious allegation as a minimum it should be a life ban from the national team if a club wants to employ a racist that's there issue.

I doubt it will ever be proven what he said because there is no impartial witness who's come forward as you have to assume if the ref heard it he'd of given JT a straight red and made a note in his match report. Personally I doubt very much that he did say it in the context that is being suggested one story says he said "blind" the other says Ferdinand asked if he called him a black c*nt & terry responded by saying no I didn't call you a black c*nt.

Much like the Evra & Suarez one the other week I imagine it will take weeks for the FA to study the evidence and then decide they don't have enough to charge anyone with anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:29 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Whether or not John Terry is guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand, the issue of racism is still present in football, albeit at a thankfully far lower level (in the UK) than in years gone by.

Now the Daily Mail, purveyor of “common sense”, has waded into the debate, courtesy of a piece by Steve Doughty. Please read it, I urge you.

Click The Link...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2052843/John-Terry-racism-row-Anton-Ferdinand-game.html

Doughty seems to think that black players should be thankful for the huge strides made in tacking racism in the game and therefore, just shut up and deal with what little racism remains as there are “worse things to complain about”.

One imagines that, back in the 1980s, Doughty would have similarly told black players to suck it up and deal with the racism they were receiving as at least they were now free/allowed to vote/sit at the front of the bus, etc, etc.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:38 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
I can't believe how he finished that article. Ridiculous. And the editor of dailymail let that go out? Surely he's going to receive a big backlash. Up until the last line it wasn't a terrible article just one that highlighted the strides made in this country in tackling racism.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:54 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Highscores: 6
:lol: The Daily Mail :no:

He said in that article that Ferdinand had accused Terry, I didn't think he had at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 pm 
National Hero
National Hero

That article is an absolute disgrace. :no:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:50 pm 
Major General
Major General

Highscores: 12
I liked the 'given Terry’s general level of conduct racial abuse of an opponent would be pretty ordinary stuff.' bit. That made me chuckle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:57 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

For reasons that are not entirely clear, the FA were being terribly coy when announcing their investigation into allegations that racist comments were made at QPR on Sunday.

Their statement on Tuesday night made mention of 'alleged racist abuse' at the 'QPR versus Chelsea fixture at Loftus Road on 23 October 2011', but didn't mention the names of any of the parties involved.

Quite why, we're not sure, when we all know perfectly well who the protagonists are.Of course, their coyness was slightly spoiled by the link to the statement on their website, which read:

'http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2011/fa-statement-john-terry-251011'

The link has now been altered.

ImageImage
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:04 pm 
Major
Major

Highscores: 4
k'nell! That article is terrible. As idfd said, the bit at the end is disgraceful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 pm 
Major
Major

Highscores: 4
Interesting piece in The Guardian about racism in football.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... john-terry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:08 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Former England striker Les Ferdinand says that racism will continue to be a problem in football as long as the game's authorities do not impose deterrents for abuse by fans or players.

Speaking at the Black List Awards, the former QPR, Newcastle and Tottenham star says that the powers-that-be in the sport prefer to turn a blind eye to the problem, rather than confront the issue head-on.

Chelsea captain John Terry is facing a Football Association investigation into allegations he racially abused QPR's Anton Ferdinand, while the FA is also investigating claims by Manchester United defender Patrice Evra that Liverpool's Luis Suarez used racist language in the teams' match on 15 October.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15474501.stm

====================================================

I agree with what he says entirely.

However, there's surely some irony to his statement which he makes at an awards show where only black people are eligible!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 pm 
General of the Army
General of the Army

Highscores: 1
Quote:

However, there's surely some irony to his statement which he makes at an awards show where only black people are eligible!

Imagine the outrage if there was an award where only white people were eligible.

But with age my hopes have faded

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 pm 
General
General

Highscores: 2
idontfeardeath wrote:
Quote:

Imagine the outrage if there was an award where only white people were eligible.

Agreed. I made the point some time ago with a 'White single males only thread' but I'm not sure everybody got it. If we dared to hold such an event then we'd be evil etc. but it happens all the time when it's discriminating against us. If you want to get rid of racism you need to stop everyone being racist, not just white people. The two most racist people I've ever met were black - absolutely hated us white people. It's a problem that never seems to be addressed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:20 am 
General of the Army
General of the Army

QPR have categorically denied Paddy Kenny, Clint Hill and Shaun Derry had been called to give evidence in the John Terry racism inquiry.

More than one report has suggested the Rangers trio were set to back team-mate Anton Ferdinand's take on his altercation with Chelsea captain Terry during Sunday's west London derby at Loftus Road.

All three are understood to be furious their names have been dragged into the saga, with Derry not even on the field of play when the alleged incident took place.

A QPR spokesman said: "There is no truth in these stories whatsoever.

"None of the three players have been called to give evidence or will be called to give evidence."

Tuesday night saw the Football Association launch a probe into allegations Terry racially abused Ferdinand towards the end of Chelsea's 1-0 Barclays Premier League defeat at Loftus Road.

The Metropolitan Police were on Thursday also still assessing an anonymous complaint from the member of the public.

Terry has firmly denied using a racist slur against Ferdinand after video footage emerged on Sunday showing him uttering what some have interpreted as such.

Terry admitted using the words he was said to have uttered but insisted they came in the form of a denial after Ferdinand accused him of a racist comment.

The camera shot of Terry was obstructed at a crucial juncture by the defender's Chelsea and England team-mate Ashley Cole, who is expected to be a key witness in the investigation.

However, it is understood Ferdinand has told QPR he was entirely unaware of any race row until after Sunday's game, when Terry approached him to clear the air.

It is this uncertainty which prompted Rangers to refer the matter to the FA in an attempt to clear it up once and for all.

However, racism claims in football are notoriously hard to prove, even when the alleged victim is convinced they were abused.

Terry is set to remain England captain during the FA probe, even if it continues into next month's friendly double-header with Spain and Sweden.

That could prove extremely awkward should Ferdinand's older brother Rio earn an international recall, especially as Terry regained the armband from the Manchester United star after being stripped of it following allegations about an affair with the ex-partner of Wayne Bridge.

Being found guilty of racism would have even more serious consequences both on and off the field for Terry.

As well as a fine and/or suspension, his very international future would be in jeopardy as well as his position as Chelsea captain.

There would also be the threat of criminal prosecution.

The Professional Footballers' Association have pledged to assist the FA in the Terry inquiry.

The PFA said in a statement: "There is a proper process to be followed for such serious issues which is governed by the Football Association, as the game's regulator.

"We will assist and adhere to that process in any way which is considered appropriate, mindful that all the players are our members and as such we expect the process to be fair and transparent in establishing the facts in each case."

ImageImage
Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next